Irrfan Khan suffers dehydration while shooting (Film Snippets)May 10th, 2009 - 8:47 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 10 (IANS) Shooting in the scorching heat in Dholpur, Rajasthan, has taken a toll on Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan’s health.
According to a source from the film’s unit, Irrfan felt very uneasy due to dehydration and had a blackout while shooting a scene for his forthcoming film “Paan Singh Tomar”.
“It was blazing hot. Irrfan had been shooting continuously under the hot sun. It was just too much of heat that caused this dehydration,” the source said.
All crew members were feeling the heat as the shoot was out in the open.
After comedy, Riteish Deshmukh to don serious avatar
Bollywood actor Riteish Deshmukh, who has done a bouquet of comedy films, will essay a serious role in Ram Gopal Varma’s media-based film “Rann”.
The actor, who will share screen space with Amitabh Bachchan in the movie, will be seen in the role of a journalist.
“I play the role of a guy named Purab Shastri. He is a beginner and believes in real journalism and that’s the reason why he joins a news channel named India 24X7,” he said.
On being questioned about his decision to take up the role, Riteish quipped: “When I was doing comedy, people used to ask me why I am doing just comedies and now when I have got a chance to do something different, they are again asking me why I am doing a serious role.”
“The thing is that I got a chance to do such a good role and that’s why when Ramu (Ram Gopal Varma) asked me, I readily agreed. However, there are some comedies to come in the future,” he added.
Neha Dhupia’s professionalism impresses Americans
Beauty queen-turned-actress Neha Dhupia might not have scored a six among Bollywood fanatics but has successfully impressed American artists of mini-series “Bollywood Her” with her professionalism.
“Neha comes fully prepared on the sets. She doesn’t call for dialogues during the shot like other actors do. She goes through the details before and comes prepared for the shot. The American members of the film are very impressed with her and for her professionalism. She is very punctual too,” a source from the unit said in a statement.
Apart from starring in the mini-series along with actor Chris Kattan, Neha is looking forward to her next movie titled “Paying Guest”, which also features Shreyas Talpade, Celina Jaitley, Sayali Bhagat and Riya Sen.
- TV no longer the idiot box: Madhur Bhandarkar ( Movie Snippets) - May 06, 2012
- Enough of sequels, comedies for Riteish! - Jun 27, 2012
- Can't wait to work with Madhuri again: Naseeruddin - Jun 18, 2012
- Prachi, Neha thank moms for their support - May 10, 2012
- Dilip, Saira give hand impression for Riteish's museum - Feb 02, 2012
- Abhishek, Surya to fight it out with '...Obama' this Friday (IANS Preview) - Nov 29, 2010
- Audiences calling shots these days: Neha Dhupia - Dec 16, 2011
- Playing drunkard was tough, says Mukul Dev - Mar 11, 2011
- Raveena welcomes new family member, a puppy (Movie Snippet) - Jan 22, 2012
- Neha in Karan Johar's next untitled project - Jun 15, 2012
- Still not many women-oriented films: Neha Dhupia - Jun 12, 2012
- Nandamuri Balakrishna enjoys the company of Neha Dhupia - Sep 25, 2010
- Leading ladies of 'Kya Kool...' sequel finalised - Oct 06, 2011
- It was difficult to change my sexy image: Neha Dhupia - Dec 14, 2011
- South more disciplined, Bollywood has also moved forward: Sonu Sood - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: american artists, americans beauty, amitabh bachchan, based film, beauty queen, comedies, comedy films, crew members, dehydration, forthcoming film, hot sun, irrfan khan, mini series, neha dhupia, rajasthan, ram gopal varma, riteish deshmukh, s media, screen space, shastri