Irrfan Khan in the list of most bankable star from India in Hollywood.April 17th, 2009 - 8:13 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Slumdog Millionaire may be the toast of the season with its bouquet of Oscar nominations, this has in turn helped Irrfan Khan to be listed most bankable star from India in Hollywood and has been ranked with the Khans of Bollywood in a new Forbes list. Irrfan is among half a dozen Bollywood actors on the list of “Hollywood’s Most Valuable Actors”, compiled by the American publication known for its rankings of the world’s richest persons. Other Indians on the list include Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai.
Irrfan ranked at 825 is behind Aamir Khan, Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan. The global list, topped by Hollywood actor Will Smith, is based on the bankability of actors around the world, voted by members of the global entertainment industry, Forbes said. The rankings are based on scores given to more than 1,400 working actors globally by the industry people on a scale of zero-to-ten, in terms of their bankability to ensure the financial success of film projects.
Currently Irrfan has around 5 -6 releases this year. So it’s quiet sure that with the talent that Irrfan posses the movie would surely be a hit. His forthcoming projects include Kal Kisne Dekha, Paan Singh Tomar, Right Ya Wrong, New York, Acid Factory and lastly Hisss. Seems like it’s going to be the year of Irrfan Khan.
- :Irrfan Khan Honored by the British House of Commons - Apr 25, 2009
- Irrfan Khan Honoured by the British House of Commons - Apr 18, 2009
- Being a Khan doesn't guarantee success: Irrfan - Apr 16, 2012
- Aishwarya Rai most bankable Indian star in Hollywood - Feb 19, 2009
- FIR against 'Paan Singh Tomar' director - Feb 28, 2012
- Being an international actor gives me a high: Irrfan Khan - Mar 10, 2010
- Big B praises 'Paan Singh Tomar', calls it true biopic - Mar 04, 2012
- Tusshar's maiden visit to Golden Temple (Movie Snippets) - Mar 04, 2012
- Hollywood very planned, Bollywood very cordial: Irrfan Khan (Interview) - Oct 14, 2010
- Nawazuddin feels training must for actors - May 27, 2012
- People from outside Mumbai are very rooted: Tigmanshu Dhulia (Interview) - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' a rare cinematic treat (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Mar 03, 2012
- Former athletes wanted money to talk about Paan Singh: Irrfan Khan - Feb 18, 2012
- Salman Khan: In No Mood To Work Things Out With Shahrukh Khan - Jan 12, 2011
- Aamir never detained abroad, but Irrfan has been stopped - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, aishwarya rai, american publication, bankability, bankable star, film projects, financial success, forbes list, forthcoming projects, global entertainment industry, half a dozen, hollywood actor, hrithik roshan, irrfan khan, khans, oscar nominations, paan, salman khan, shah rukh khan, shahrukh khan