‘Iron Man 3′ in turmoil, director walks outDecember 18th, 2010 - 3:09 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 18 (IANS) Future of Robert Downey Jr. starrer much anticipated sequel “Iron Man 3″ has been put in jeopardy after its director Jon Favreau walked out of it for a better offer.Contactmusic.com reports, Favreau ditched the project for Disney movie “Magic Kingdom”.
The 44-year-old was expected to make the third instalment in the superhero franchise, which has to date grossed $1.2 billion, however movie bosses are now on the hunt for a new director.
Explaining his decision to walk away from the project, Favreau said that directing “Magic Kingdom” would give him the opportunity to “find something that lights a fire”, and allow him to “blow people away”.
Favreau, who has worked on family films before, most notably “Elf”, also reasoned that he more enjoys making movies for kids.
“It’s great to be able to connect parents with children both emotionally and through humour. I look forward to exploring family entertainment once again and examining the specifics of our day-to-day lives against the backdrop of an extraordinary adventure,” he said.
The 44-year-old confirmed that he will remain as a producer on Marvel’s 2012 adaptation of “The Avengers” which will release May 4, 2012, but added that he is now looking forward to seeing what somebody else can do with the hugely popular “Iron Man” franchise.
- Shane Black to helm 'Iron Man 3'? - Feb 18, 2011
- Downey Jr Injured on sets of 'Iron Man 3' - Aug 17, 2012
- 'The Avengers' sequel in 2015 - Aug 18, 2012
- Director confirms 'Iron Man 3' by 2012 - Jul 29, 2009
- Avengers trailer released - Oct 12, 2011
- Chinese company to co-produce 'Iron Man 3' - Apr 17, 2012
- 'Iron Man 3' best superhero movie ever: Downey Jr. - Jan 12, 2012
- Shooting for 'Iron Man 2' was trying process: Robert Downey Jr. - May 08, 2010
- 'Avengers' to release in India before US - Dec 08, 2011
- Scarlett gets diet tips from Jeremy - Mar 16, 2012
- Robert Downey Jr quits 'Cowboys And Aliens' for Sherlock Holmes sequel - Jan 13, 2010
- Disney Buys Distribution Rights Of Iron Man 3 And Avenger - Oct 20, 2010
- Disney to distribute 'Avengers' and 'Iron Man 3' - Oct 20, 2010
- Scarlett Johansson in talks with Hollywood bosses over 'Black Widow' - Sep 24, 2010
- Disney Acquires Distribution Rights For 'Avengers' And 'Iron Man 3' - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: adaptation, avengers, backdrop, director jon, disney movie magic, elf, family entertainment, family films, franchise, humour, instalment, iron man, jeopardy, jon favreau, magic kingdom, robert downey, robert downey jr, sequel, specifics, turmoil