Iran launches Spanish language TV channelFebruary 1st, 2012 - 12:54 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Feb 1 (IANS) Iran officially launched a Spanish-language international satellite channel Tuesday, IRNA news agency reported.
Hispan TV, which first started to air programmes Dec 21, 2011 for 16 hours a day, was officially launched Tuesday, Xinhua reported citing the report.
Addressing the inauguration ceremony via video link, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that all nations needed peace, security, freedom, progress and welfare. It was necessary to enhance cooperation, communication and collective efforts for such wishes to materialise, Press TV reported.
Close communications, exchange of views, and unity were of significance for protecting the basic rights of people, said the president, adding that the media could play a crucial role in this regard.
According to IRNA, this TV network aims to reinforce the cultural bonds and to bridge the gap with the peoples of Spanish-speaking countries, and to introduce Islamic Iran’s traditions, through airing programmes for Hispanic addresses round the clock.
It will air programmes related to news, films and series, documentaries, reports, exclusive interviews, in addition to different political, social, and economic programmes from Tehran.
Ahmadinejad also said that the new TV channel would deal a blow to “dominance seekers” — remarks that were an apparent dig at the US and the west, the Guardian reported.
The launch is Tehran’s latest effort to reach out to friendly governments in Latin America and follows Ahmadinejad’s tour of the region earlier in January, which included stops in Cuba and visits to Venezuela, Nicaragua and Ecuador, the report added.
- Iran launches Spanish-language TV channel - Dec 22, 2011
- Iranian president embarks on Latin American tour (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Ahmadinejad visits Cuba - Jan 12, 2012
- Iran not to pursue n-bomb production - May 31, 2012
- Nicaraguan president defends Iran nuclear programme - Jan 12, 2012
- Iran to announce new 'big' nuclear achievements - Feb 11, 2012
- Iran is now a nuclear state: Ahmadinejad - Dec 30, 2010
- Iran to set up space launch base - Feb 04, 2012
- Iranians not after weapons, favour culture: Ahmadinejad - Nov 13, 2011
- Khamenei orders institute to control cyberspace - Mar 08, 2012
- Israel is cancerous tumour: Ahmadinejad - Aug 17, 2012
- Iran's intelligence minister steps down - Apr 18, 2011
- Iran unveils nuclear achievements, cuts oil exports (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- Iran does not need assassinations: Ahmadinejad - Oct 16, 2011
Tags: collective efforts, inauguration ceremony, international satellite, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, irna news agency, islamic iran, language international, latin america, mahmoud ahmadinejad, new tv, news films, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, satellite channel, spanish language tv, spanish speaking countries, tv channel, tv network, video link, xinhua