‘Inthi Ninna Preethiya’ belies expectationsMarch 4th, 2008 - 9:10 am ICT by admin
By R.G. Vijayasarathy
Film: “Inthi Ninna Preethiya”; Cast: Krishna, Sonu, Bhavana; Director: Soori; Music Director: Sadhu Kokila “Inthi Ninna Preethiya” is an unconventional title for a Kannada film. It was not only the title, however, that triggered huge audience interest in the film. The film’s director, Soori, had earlier made the trendsetting “Duniya” which went on to become a blockbuster and won many prestigious awards last year.
“Inthi…” however, fails to match the expectations despite its strong technical content and brilliant performances. The film’s main drawback lies in Soori’s poor handling of the sensitive subject.
The film revolves around an artist, Rajeeva, who becomes an alcoholic. Soori would have made his point better if he had not relied on too many sequences of drinking bouts.
The film, in the second half, also goes into a tailspin with too many twists and turns. Lost in all this is the message that the director intends for the confused audience.
The film has Sreenagara Kitty, rechristened Krishna, in the lead role. He has tried to give his best to the complex character he has played. Many heroes of Kannada cinema would have rejected the film just hearing a one-line summary of the story.
Sonu, the daughter of well-known make-up artist Ramakrishna, has given an impressive performance in her debut film. Sensuous Bhavana lives the role of Parimala and evokes sympathy in the second half.
Sadhu Kokila has composed music for the film. The lyrics by Yogaraj Bhat, Jayanth Kaikini and Ranganath are meaningful. Sathya Hegde is outstanding behind the camera.
Shashidhara’s artwork is top class. Even with all this support, however, the film fails to make an impact because of its treatment of the theme.
- 'Jackie' is a fast-paced entertainer (Kannada Movie Review) - Oct 16, 2010
- 'Hudugru', an interesting watch (Kannada Film Review) - May 07, 2011
- Much-hyped 'Junglee' fails to meet expectations (Kannada Film Review) - Feb 07, 2009
- '90' a good experiment (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 04, 2011
- Puneeth Rajakumar’s 'Jackie' To Release on October 14 - Oct 11, 2010
- 'Body Guard' average fare; only for Jaggesh's fans (Kannada Movie Review) - Nov 06, 2011
- 'Police Quarters' doesn't live up to expectations(Kannada Film Review) - Jan 02, 2010
- 'Aata': Sumanth impresses, narration disappoints (Kannada Film Review) - Nov 19, 2011
- 'Sanju Weds Geetha' entertaining and engaging drama (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 03, 2011
- 'Preethiya Theru' not worth a watch (Kannada Film Review) - Jan 09, 2010
- "Aithalakadi" - a painful watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 05, 2010
- 'Romeo' - stylish entertainer on true love (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 07, 2012
- Bhavana signs another Kannada movie - Aug 21, 2010
- Watch 'Breaking News' for Radhika-Ajay's performance (Kannada Movie Review) - May 20, 2012
- 'Shakti' a powerless film (Kannada Movie Review) - Jan 08, 2012
Tags: audience interest, bhat, bhavana, blockbuster, brilliant performances, debut film, drinking bouts, duniya, impressive performance, kannada film, kokila, music director, ninna, prestigious awards, ramakrishna, ranganath, sensitive subject, sonu, tailspin, technical content