Interesting Facts and Figures : Sharmila TagoreMarch 20th, 2009 - 1:28 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Sharmila Tagore: A Bengali actress who achieved success young, Sharmila appeared in numerous Bengali classics before making the jump to Hindi cinema, which made her a sex symbol. She is also the wife of His Highness Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, Nawab of Pataudi, with whom she has three children, actor Saif Ali Khan, Saba and Soha Ali Khan.
Birthday: 8th December, 1946 in Hyderabad.
Spouse: Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi (1969-present).
Debut Film: Satyajit Ray’s Apur Sansar (1959). However, she made her Bollywood debut with Kashmir Ki Kali (1964).
Major Impact: Kashmir Ki Kali (1964).
Successful Films: Kashmir Ki Kali (1964), An Evening in Paris (1967), Aradhana (1969), Safar (1970), Amar Prem (1972), Daag (1973).
Awards: Winner of the Filmfare Best Actress Award for Aradhana.
Upcoming Film: Fool and Final.
Facts we didn’t know:
Born in a Bengali Brahmon family in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, Sharmila Tagore is the daughter of Gitindranath Tagore who was then Dy. General Manager of the British India Company owner of Elgin Mills.
She is the great-granddaughter of poet Rabindranath Tagore.
In December 2005 she was chosen as an UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
Sharmila Tagore was the first Indian actress to wear a bikini in 1967. -Sampurn Media
- Kolkata rekindles Sharmila's memories of Pataudi - Nov 10, 2011
- Sharmila-Pataudi made perfect couple, say designers - Sep 23, 2011
- Pataudi the man that was - Fact file - Sep 22, 2011
- 'Saif will be annointed next nawab of Pataudi' - Oct 24, 2011
- Tiger played with straight bat on and off the field (Obituary) - Sep 22, 2011
- Saif, Sharmila connect with Bhopalites beyond royal lineage - Apr 15, 2012
- Sharmila reaches Cannes - May 06, 2009
- Saif, Sharmila in Bhopal to interact with people - Apr 08, 2012
- The prince and the showgirl - a love story ends - Sep 22, 2011
- Pataudi's funeral at family burial ground - Sep 23, 2011
- I should be Begum of Pataudi by 2012 end: Kareena - Mar 16, 2012
- Pakistan cricket mourns Pataudi's death - Sep 23, 2011
- Kareena mum over wedding date, converting to Islam - Sep 13, 2012
- Mike Brearley, Ted Dexter, Ian Chappell for Pataudi Memorial Lecture - Dec 28, 2011
- 'Achcha to hum chalte hain': Rajesh Khanna bids a quiet adieu (Obituary) - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: actor saif ali khan, actress award, amar prem, andhra pradesh india, apur sansar, best actress, british india, debut film, elgin mills, evening in paris, india company, indian actress, mansoor ali khan, mansoor ali khan pataudi, nawab of pataudi, rabindranath tagore, saif ali khan, sharmila tagore, soha ali khan, unicef goodwill ambassador