Interesting Facts and Figures: Shahid KapoorApril 4th, 2009 - 7:52 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Shahid Kapoor (born on February 25, 1981 in Mumbai, India) is a Bollywood actor, dancer and model.
Starting off his career by working in music videos and ads, Kapoor made his Bollywood debut as a background dancer in Subhash Ghai’s Taal (1999).
After four years, he made his debut as a leading actor in Ishq Vishk (2003) and won a Filmfare Best Male Debut Award for his performance.
Following through with critically acclaimed performances in films like Fida (2004) and Shikhar (2005), he had his first commercial success with Sooraj R. Barjatya’s Vivah (2006), his biggest commercial success so far, and later continued it with Jab We Met (2007). Since then, he has established himself as one of the most promising actors of the industry.
Before starting off his career as an actor, Kapoor worked in several music videos and ads, including the Pepsi commercial with Shahrukh Khan, Kajol and Rani Mukerji post Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998).
He is an alumni of Shiamak Davar Institute for the Performing Arts (SDIPA), where he was later seen in Subhash Ghai’s film Taal (1999) as a background dancer in the song Kahiin Aag Lage Lag Jawe along with actress Aishwarya Rai.
During the summer of 2006, Kapoor embarked on his first world tour, the Rockstars Concert, along with Bollywood stars, Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor, John Abraham, Esha Deol, Mallika Sherawat and Zayed Khan.
Born to actor Pankaj Kapoor and actor/classical dancer Neelima Azeem, Kapoor’s parents divorced when he was three.
After the divorce of his parents, he usually lived with his mother whilst he also shared a good relationship with his father and stepmother Supriya Pathak.
He studied in Rajhans Vidyalaya, Mumbai. Kapoor, who is a vegetarian, also has a sister named Sana and a brother named Ishaan Kapoor; his brother acted with him in the movie Vaah Life Ho To Aisi (2005).
His maternal grandfather was Anwar Azeem, a noted Marxist journalist and author from Bihar.
In 2004, Kapoor began dating actress Kareena Kapoor, whom he separated with three years later.
According to him, they remained on good terms, with him saying, “I wish her [Kareena] all the happiness in the world. I have great respect for her. She’s a wonderful girl.” -Sampurn Media
- Corporates changed moviemaking in India: Subhash Ghai (Interview) - Jun 07, 2011
- Subhash Ghai Signs Priyadarshan To Direct His Next Movie - Aug 18, 2010
- Subhash Ghai ropes in Priyadarshan for new project - Aug 18, 2010
- Family, friends pour in at Shammi's residence to pay tribute - Aug 14, 2011
- Veteran actor Shammi Kapoor is dead (Fourth Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Johar recalls 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' premiere (Movie Snippets) - Oct 16, 2011
- Arjun feels like vampire (Movie Snippets) - Dec 17, 2011
- Spirit must not die, show must go on: Subhash Ghai (Interview) - May 11, 2012
- Kareena, Imran pairing USP of 'Ek Main...': Karan - Dec 15, 2011
- Sur, saaz and rockstar: When music is Bollywood's muse - Oct 19, 2011
- Adnan Sami lets the music play on 39th birthday! - Aug 23, 2012
- Kajol, Tabu, Irrfan Khan get Padma Shri - Jan 25, 2011
- Subhash Ghai to organise tribute for Ashok Mehta - Aug 22, 2012
- Bollywood celebs grace Riteish-Genelia reception - Feb 05, 2012
- Bonding with co-stars works for romantic film: SRK - Sep 26, 2011
Tags: aishwarya rai, classical dancer, ishq vishk, john abraham, kareena kapoor, kuch kuch hota, kuch kuch hota hai, mallika sherawat, mumbai india, pankaj kapoor, pepsi commercial, rani mukerji, shahid kapoor, shahrukh khan, shahrukh khan kajol, shiamak davar, Subhash Ghai, supriya pathak, vivah 2006, zayed khan