Interesting Facts and Figures : Sanjay DuttMarch 19th, 2009 - 8:03 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Sanjay Dutt: Sanjay Dutt, son of Nargis and Sunil Dutt, was first featured in Rocky (1981). Although the film did well, it failed to promote him as an established actor. Sanjay’s personal life was exacerbated by drug problems, and worsened with the demise of his first wife Richa from cancer, and his arrest under TADA. He was also arrested for having illegal possession of several AK-57 weapons, and was imprisoned while the case continued. After his release, he appeared in three consecutive hits, all of which brought him moderate success.
Birthday: 29th July, 1959 in Mumbai.
Spouse: Richa Sharma (1987-1996) (her death).
Rhea Pillai (? –January 2008) (divorced).
Dilnawaz Shaikh aka Manyata (2008-present)
Debut Film: Rocky (1981).
Major Impact: Khalnayak (1993).
Successful Films: Vidhaata (1982), Naam (1986), and Hathyar (1989) Daag The Fire (1999), Haseena Maan Jaayegi (1999), Vaastav (1999), Mission Kashmir (2000), Kaante (2002), Munnabhai M.B.B.S. (2003), Parineeta (2005), Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006).
Awards: Two time winner of the Filmfare Best Actor Award.
Upcoming Films: Blue and Koochie Koochie Hota Hai.
Facts we didn’t know:
He belongs to a village near district Yamuna Nagar (Haryana). The village’s name is Mandhaulli. His beloved mom’s (Nargis Dutt) memorial grave is still there on the bank of river Yamuna.
He was educated at the Lawrence School, Sanawar.
On 16 December 2008, Sanjay Dutt was appointed a goodwill ambassador for the Intergovernmental Institution for the use of Micro-algae Spirulina Against Malnutrition (IIMSAM). He will be promoting the use of spirulina to help the organization’s fight against malnutrition and hunger. His role will also support the United Nations Millennium Development Goals by mainstreaming the use of spirulina. -Sampurn Media
- I want to be like my father: Sanjay Dutt - Apr 26, 2012
- Drugs to deaths, misfortunes shaped my acting: Sanjay Dutt (Interview) - Aug 12, 2011
- I have become a family man: Sanjay Dutt (Interview) - Oct 12, 2010
- NGO joins UN body to fight malnutrition with spirulina - Jan 29, 2010
- From Gandhigiri To Chhatrapati Shivaji For Sanjay Dutt - Jun 30, 2010
- Film industry has become a dirty game now: Sanjay Dutt (Interview) - Jul 27, 2011
- No acting for Trishala: Sanjay Dutt (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Trishala not allowed to enter into showbiz, says Sanjay Dutt - Jan 17, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' is my 'Vaastav': John - Mar 27, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt remembers mom on her birth anniversary - Jun 01, 2010
- Bollywood gets high on sequels - a la Hollywood - Aug 26, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone's beefy look pushed John to gym - Jul 20, 2012
- Big B happy with Sachin's nomination, Sanjay differs - Apr 28, 2012
- 'Tum mujhe yun bhula na paoge': Shammi Kapoor's filmography - Aug 14, 2011
- Abhishek to open London Asian Film Festival - Mar 11, 2012
Tags: debut film, film rocky, goodwill ambassador, haseena maan jaayegi, illegal possession, lage raho munna, lage raho munna bhai 2006, lawrence school sanawar, micro algae, millennium development goals, mission kashmir, munnabhai, nargis dutt, richa sharma, river yamuna, sanjay dutt, sunil dutt, united nations millennium development goals, upcoming films, yamuna nagar