Interesting Facts and Figures Manoj BajpaiMay 11th, 2009 - 11:43 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Manoj Bajpai (born on 23 April, 1969) is a Hindi film actor, known for playing offbeat and unconventional roles.
He first shot into fame with his breakthrough role on Ram Gopal Varma’s 1997 film, Satya.
Manoj Bajpai was born in Belwa a small village in West Champaran, Bihar.
He completed his basic education from K R High school, Bettiah.
He went to Ramjas College, University of Delhi for pursuing Graduation.
He is married to Shabana Khan also known as Neha, a Bollywood actress who worked in movies namely Kareeb, Fiza.
Bajpai started his career with a Television Serial aired on Doordarshan, Swaabhimaan. The same serial also brought Tyagi-Ashutosh Rana and Rishab-Rohit Roy into limelight.
He appeared in several small roles in films like Droh Kaal (1994), and Bandit Queen (1994), before getting a big break in 1998 film Satya directed by Ram Gopal Varma.
His performance as Bhiku Mhatre, won him several awards, as he portrayed the hotheaded and compassionate sides of this small-time gangster, with equal panache.
Another important film where he played a dark character was Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s film Aks in 2001, for which again he won many awards.
He work was also appreciated in films like, Zubeidaa (2001), Pinjar (2003) for which won the National Film Award and Veer Zaara in 2004.
Despite being one of the most talented and critically acclaimed actors in India, Bajpai has not been able to enjoy much commercial success. -Sampurn Media
- Manoj Bajpai Turns Goldsmith For Dus Tola - Sep 14, 2010
- There are no villains: Manoj Bajpayee - Dec 09, 2011
- I'm born to act, not sing or paint: Manoj Bajpayee - Jan 19, 2012
- To watch best story, go for 'Lanka': Manoj Bajpai - Nov 29, 2011
- When Manoj Bajpayee was harassed for being different - Jul 09, 2012
- Manoj Bajpai to play coal mafia don in Kashyap's next - Jun 16, 2010
- Guns of Bollywood: industry high on gangster flicks - Aug 14, 2010
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur' to release in two parts: Anurag Kashyap - Aug 20, 2011
- Anurag Kashyap To Adapt Mario Puzo's 'The Godfather' - Jun 16, 2010
- I am the face of commercialisation of education: Manoj Bajpayee (Interview) - Aug 01, 2011
- `Department' is mass entertainer: RGV - Apr 19, 2012
- It's all about filmy politics: Maria - Jun 26, 2011
- My character in 'Rajneeti' resembles Duryodhana: Manoj Bajpai (Interview) - Mar 22, 2010
- 'Bejawada' another dud from Ram Gopal Varma (Telugu Movie Review) - Dec 02, 2011
- Abhishek's Al Pacino look! (Movie Snippets) - Nov 29, 2011
Tags: aks, ashutosh rana, bandit queen, basic education, bollywood actress, breakthrough role, champaran, doordarshan, film actor, film award, hindi film, kaal, manoj bajpai, national film, ram gopal varma, rishab, rohit roy, university of delhi, veer zaara, zubeidaa