Interesting Facts and Figures Karisma KapoorMay 25th, 2009 - 10:58 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Karisma Kapoor, nicknamed “Lolo” (born June 25, 1974 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India) is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films.
Making her film debut in 1991, Kapoor went on to become one of the most popular actresses of her generation.
During her career years, she has been part of many commercially and critically successful films, Raja Hindustani being the most notable of them, as it was her biggest commercial success, and won Kapoor her first Filmfare Best Actress Award.
She surprised critics and audiences with her performances in art films such as Fiza (2000) and Zubeidaa (2001), for which she earned a Best Actress and Best Actress (Critics) awards at the Filmfare ceremony.
Karisma made her debut in the 1991 movie Prem Qaidi, which was a semi-hit.
In 2003, she played the leading role in the television series Karishma: A Miracle of Destiny.
After her film, Baaz: A Bird In Danger which also released in 2003, she took a sabbatical from full time acting for three years.
Her most recent release was the delayed film, Mere Jeevan Saathi (2006) in which she played a negative role.
In October 2008, alongside actor Arjun Rampal and director/choreographer Farah Khan, Kapoor began judging the dance show Nach Baliye 4.
She was born on June 25, 1974 to Randhir Kapoor, an actor popular during the 1970s and 80s, and actress Babita.
Her sister is actress Kareena Kapoor.
She studied at the Cathedral and John Connon School in Mumbai until grade six. Her grandfather is actor Raj Kapoor.
Karisma does not like to talk about her personal life but she has been romantically involved with Ajay Devgan and Abhishek Bachchan.
She announced her engagement to Bachchan in October 2002 on the 60th birthday of Abhishek’s father, Amitabh Bachchan. Four months later in February 2003, they split up.
On 29 September 2003, she married industrialist Sanjay Kapur, CEO of Sixt India.
In typical Kapoor tradition, Karisma was married at the home of her grandfather (the late Raj Kapoor): R K Cottage.
The couple opted for an hour-long Sikh wedding.
The couple has one daughter named Samaira, who was born on 11 March 2005.
After the birth of her daughter, there was considerable rift between her and her husband. The couple has subsequently patched-up. -Sampurn Media
- Not without Manish Malhotra, Karisma tells Vikram Bhatt - Jul 28, 2011
- Set your priorities right: Karisma - Apr 04, 2012
- 'Raja Hindustani' can be taken forward: Karisma Kapoor - Aug 25, 2012
- Kareena Kapoor: Cast Opposite Abhishek Bachchan In Dostana 2 - Jan 22, 2011
- Ranbir, Vidya best actors at 57th Filmfare awards - Jan 30, 2012
- Ranbir, Vidya declared best actors at 57th Filmfare awards (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Bollywood careers to make or break this Friday (IANS Preview) - May 08, 2012
- My grandfather was biased towards Karisma: Kareena - Mar 28, 2012
- 'Dangerous Ishq' required actors with no image: Karisma - May 07, 2012
- Karisma to play supermodel in Bhatt's next - Aug 22, 2011
- Karisma will make rocking comeback: Divya Dutta - Jan 05, 2012
- I did women-centric films 10 years back: Karisma - Apr 05, 2012
- Karisma to join Twitter soon (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2011
- Even I can't wait for Kareena's wedding: Karisma - Aug 26, 2012
- Kareena finds it tough to handle rigours of being an actress - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, actor arjun, actress award, actress kareena kapoor, ajay devgan, arjun rampal, art films, best actress, bollywood films, film debut, filmfare, indian actress, jeevan saathi, john connon school, karisma kapoor, mumbai maharashtra india, raj kapoor, randhir kapoor, sanjay kapur, zubeidaa