Interesting Facts and Figures: Kader KhanApril 13th, 2009 - 10:42 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
He is also known as Prof. Kader Khan
Kader Khan (born circa 1937 in Pishin, now Pakistan) is an Indian film actor, comedian, script and dialogue writer.
Kader Khan is ethnic Pashtun. He is originally from Pishin, which is in the Balochistan province of Pakistan and from Kakar tribe. Kakar tribe is one of the famous tribes of pashtuns residing in Balochistan.
He has acted in over 300 films in the Hindi & Urdu languages, and has written dialogue for over 1,000 Indian films, from the 1970s up to the turn of the 21st century.
He is most popularly recognized for working with comedian actor Govinda in comedic films by director David Dhawan.
He has also worked side by side with other comedic legends like Shakti Kapoor and Johnny Lever in over 300 films.
He played a large variety of parts in films like a supporting role of a father, uncle, brother, relative, the main villain or the side villain, guest actor and comedian.
Khan is said to be as responsible for Amitabh Bachchan’s success as a Bollywood icon as writer duo Salim-Javed. He wrote many memorable dialogues for Amitabh’s films, including Mr. Natwarlal, Amar Akbar Anthony, Agneepath, Muqaddar Ka Sikander, Laawaris and Naseeb, which were huge hits at the box office.
He recently appeared in Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004) and Family: Ties of Blood (2006).
He had also starred in his own comedy television series titled Hasna Mat, which aired on Star Plus.
He lives in Mumbai, the home of the Indian film industry.
His son Sarfaraz Khan has also acted in some films.
Won Filmfare Award for best comedian in 1991 for Baap Numberi Beta Dus Numberi.
Won Screen Award for best performance in a comic role in 1995 for Taqdeerwala.
He was earlier (1970-75) teaching in Saboo Siddik Polytechnic, Byculla, Mumbai as Professor of Mechanical Engineering.
Kader Khan was granted the honorary citizenship of the city of Houston by Mayor Bill White at the XVII Annual Convention of the American Federation of Muslims of Indian Origin (AFMI) -Sampurn Media
- Guess who's designing Islamic language courses? Kader Khan - Mar 08, 2012
- Kader Khan Chooses Television Over Films - Jan 21, 2011
- Actor Kader Khan designing courses for Arabic, Urdu speakers (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Mar 08, 2012
- Kader Khan to return to TV? - May 12, 2010
- Veteran Actor Kader Khan Gets Hospitalized - Sep 02, 2010
- Kader Khan recuperating in hospital after knee surgery - Sep 02, 2010
- Shah Rukh returns in villainous avatar in 'Don 2' (IANS Preview) - Dec 20, 2011
- 'Villains have vanished from Hindi cinema' - Jul 11, 2011
- Scripts, dialogues true actors of a film: Big B - Apr 03, 2012
- Time to 'pack up' were Rajesh Khanna's last words, says Big B - Jul 19, 2012
- Khans in Bollywood: Afghan traces their Pathan roots - May 17, 2011
- Amitabh's appearance lends authenticity to 'Mr. Bhatti...': Anupam - May 08, 2012
- Bigger villain leads to a bigger hero: Karan Malhotra - Dec 24, 2011
- There are no villains: Manoj Bajpayee - Dec 09, 2011
- Malayalam film industry mourns Rajesh Khanna's death - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: actor govinda, agneepath, amar akbar anthony, comedy television, dialogue writer, family ties of blood, honorary citizenship, indian film industry, indian films, johnny lever, kader khan, laawaris, muqaddar ka sikander, naseeb, pishin, role of a father, saboo, sarfaraz, shakti kapoor, ties of blood