Interesting Facts and Figures : Jaya Bhaduri BachchanMarch 25th, 2009 - 12:50 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan: Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan is an Indian actress. She is an alumna of the Film and Television Institute of India, Pune. Jaya is married to Amitabh Bachchan, a legend in Hindi cinema. Her son Abhishek Bachchan is also currently a successful actor. Jaya was born in a Bengali family to Indira and Taroon Kumar Bhaduri, writer, journalist and stage artist in Jabalpur. She studied in St. Joseph’s Convent School, Bhopal.
Birthday: 10th April, 1948 in Jabalpur.
Spouse: Amitabh Bachchan (1973 – present).
Debut Film: Satyajit Ray’s Mahanagar (1963). Her Hindi film debut was with Guddi (1971).
Major Impact: Guddi (1971).
Successful Films: Jawani Diwani (1972), Koshish (1972), Anamika (1973), Piya Ka Ghar (1972), Bawarchi (1972), Zanjeer (1973), Abhimaan (1973), Chupke Chupke (1975), Sholay (1975), Silsila (1981), Fiza (2000), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001), Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003).
Awards: Three times winner of the Filmfare Best Actress Award.
Facts we didn’t know:
On June 3, 1973, she married actor Amitabh Bachchan. The couple has two children: Shweta Bachchan-Nanda and Abhishek Bachchan, who is also an actor. She has lived her entire married life in the public eye, yet she has always kept her distance from the media (especially when it comes to her personal life).
Her son Abhishek Bachchan married Indian actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on April 20, 2007.
Her mother Indira Bhaduri resides in Bhopal in Central India.
Jaya has two grandchildren from her daughter Shweta; Navya Naveli and Agastya Nanda.Her son-in law is Nikhil Nanda.
During 2004 Jaya became a Member of the Rajya Sabha, but following a complaint by the Congress Party, her status was reviewed and in March, 2006, the President of India decided that she can no longer be qualified to a member of the Rajya Sabha as this conflicts with her current status as a Chair of the Uttar Pradesh Film Development Council. -Sampurn Media
- Bollywood wishes Jaya on turning 63, Big B thanks them - Apr 09, 2011
- Abhishek to take day off on mom's birthday - Apr 08, 2010
- Shweta most knowledgeable Bachchan: Big B (Movie Snippets) - Aug 22, 2012
- Amitabh-Jaya celebrate 39th wedding anniversary - Jun 03, 2012
- Amitabh-Jaya ring in 37th wedding anniversary - Jun 03, 2010
- Abu-Sandeep celebrate silver jubilee in fashion industry (With image) - Aug 04, 2011
- This day in history 3 June 2009 - Jun 03, 2009
- Jaya, Shweta take care of Big B - Feb 15, 2012
- Bollywood's first macho man Dara Singh's filmography - Jul 12, 2012
- 'The 3 Mistakes of my Life' movie gets Gujarati title (Movie Snippets) - Apr 09, 2012
- Jaya at 60: pint-sized 'Guddi' stays feisty - Apr 08, 2008
- Standing ovation for Amitabh at National Awards nite - Oct 22, 2010
- Baby girl for Abhi-Ash - Nov 16, 2011
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gives birth to a baby girl - Nov 16, 2011
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is nani-in-law's favorite! - Feb 16, 2010
Tags: abhimaan, abhishek bachchan, actress award, agastya, amitabh bachchan, best actress, convent school, debut film, diwani, film debut, guddi, indian actress, jaya bhaduri, kabhi khushi kabhie gham, mahanagar, piya ka ghar, rajya sabha, silsila, stage artist, television institute