Interesting Facts and Figures Ishaa KoppikarMay 6th, 2009 - 10:53 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Eesha Koppikhar (born September 19, 1976) is an Indian actress and model.
She has appeared in Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi films.
Koppikhar was born in Mumbai, India.
Her family is of Mangalorean origin and she has one younger brother.
Koppikhar graduated in Life Sciences at Ramnarain Ruia College in Mumbai.
It was during her time at college that she appeared in a photoshoot for Indian photographer Gautam Rajadhyaksha.
Koppikhar contested the 1995 Miss India Contest, winning the Miss Talent Crown.
Her modelling work gave her an introduction to the film industry and to her first film appearance in the Tamil movie Kaadhal Kavithai in 1998.
Koppikhar has acted in over forty films and has several Hindi films in production or due for release in 2008.
She continues to model for fashion designer Anita Dongre and is currently the Indian representative of the Italian fashion company Police Watches and Jewellery.
Outside her work in film, music and television, Koppikhar is a spokesperson for the animal rights organisation PETA.
Koppikhar’s career is said to have begun with the 1998 Tamil film Kaadhal Kavithai, co-starring alongside Prashanth, and directed by Agathyan, with music by Maestro Ilaiyaraaja. Koppikhar was awarded the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award.
In 2004, Koppikhar’s films were releasing on average every two months.
Karan Razdan’s controversial Girlfriend, co-starring Amrita Arora and Aashish Chaudhary caught in a lesbian love triangle. The film provoked public poster burning and calls for the film to be banned. The Khallas Girl was in the news again.
Between filming Koppikhar, like many Bollywood actors, performs in stage music shows.
In addition to this she has appeared in two music videos: Patli Kamar by KK for a private album commissioned by Sony in 2001/2002; and Bandish Projekt’s Bhor (Satyam Shivam Sundaram) in 2004, choreographed by Bosco-Caesar.
In 2006 she appeared onstage in the Indian Idol Grand Final to dance with the two finalists, and 2007 saw her as one of three judges in the celebrity dance competition Nach Baliye3, alongside director David Dhawan and Vaibhavi Merchant.
Koppikhar served as a judge in the Miss Universe 2008 contest, held on the 14th July in Vietnam alongside, amongst others, fashion designer Roberto Cavalli and former winner in 2004 Jennifer Hawkins.
In 2008 some sections of the media started to refer to Koppikhar as Eesha Koppikhar, following another name spelling change on the advice of numerologist Niraj Mancchanda. -Sampurn Media
- Hospitality business kept Eesha away from Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Prabhu Deva Cant Stop Praising Hansika Motwani - Nov 12, 2010
- Ace photographer Gautam Rajadhyaksha dead - Sep 13, 2011
- From model to motherhood - Aishwarya's fairytale journey (With Images) - Jun 25, 2011
- Kamal finds his heroine! (Tamil Movie Snippets) - Nov 21, 2011
- Hansika Motwani Busy In Promoting The Music Of Her Upcoming Flick ‘Engeyum Kaadhal’ - Nov 11, 2010
- Kollywood See Line Up Of Romantic Releases In The Valentines’ Season - Jan 25, 2011
- Gautam Rajadhyaksha was planning to direct: Shabana (Interview) - Sep 14, 2011
- 'Gautam Rajadhyaksha was a pioneer in glamour photography' - Sep 13, 2011
- Models wait for their Bollywood breaks - Jun 05, 2012
- Anna Faris' red carpet mishap - May 12, 2012
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- Eesha Koppikhar to shoot item number before wedding - Nov 03, 2009
- "Today, I am answerable to my in-laws" - Eesha - Aug 28, 2010
- Here's your chance to catwalk in Paris, Milan - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: amrita arora, anita dongre, bandish projekt, bhor, bollywood actors, film appearance, gautam rajadhyaksha, hindi films, indian actress, indian photographer, indian representative, ishaa koppikar, italian fashion company, kavithai, love triangle, miss india contest, mumbai india, ruia college, satyam shivam sundaram, tamil film