Interesting Facts and Figures: Hrithik RoshanApril 7th, 2009 - 10:56 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Hrithik Roshan (born January 10, 1974) is an Indian actor working in Bollywood.
After having appeared in films as a child actor in the 1980s, Roshan made his film debut in a leading role with the blockbuster Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai (2000), which earned him Filmfare Awards for Best Actor and Best Male Debut.
He has been noted for his performances in films like Koi… Mil Gaya (2003), Krrish (2006) and Dhoom 2 (2006), which are also his biggest commercial successes so far, and for which he won numerous Best Actor awards.
In 2008, Roshan received his fourth Filmfare Best Actor Award as well as his first international award at the Golden Minbar International Film Festival in Kazan, Russia for his performance in Jodhaa Akbar.
Roshan’s first movie role was as a child artist when he was six years old in the 1980 movie Aasha, where he appeared in a dance sequence as an extra.
Roshan went on to play minor roles in c (1980) and Bhagwan Dada (1986) both of which starred his father in the leading role.
He then became an assistant director assisting in the production of his father’s films Karan Arjun (1995) and Koyla (1997).
In 2000, Roshan made his film debut as the leading man in the film Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai opposite another debutante actress Amisha Patel.
The film was directed by his father and proved to be very successful at the box office, becoming the highest grossing film of 2000 and winner of the Filmfare Best Movie Award.
Roshan’s performance earned him the Filmfare Best Male Debut Award and the Filmfare Best Actor Award. The film entered the Limca Book of Records in 2003 for the most number of awards won by a Bollywood film - 102 awards.
Roshan was born in Mumbai, into a Punjabi Hindu family of cinema personalities. His father, film director Rakesh Roshan, is the son of music director Roshan, while his mother, Pinky, is the daughter of veteran producer and director J. Om Prakash.
The well-known music director Rajesh Roshan is his uncle.
As a child, Roshan attended the Bombay Scottish School.
He later attended Sydenham College, where he did his B.Com.
Roshan is married to Sussanne Khan, the daughter of Sanjay Khan.
The couple had their first child, a baby boy, named Hrehaan Roshan on 28 March 2006 at Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai, India.
Roshan’s wife later gave birth to another baby boy, named Hridhaan Roshan on May 1, 2008.
Roshan was born with two thumbs on his right hand that are partially fused together; this is considered by some to be a lucky sign.
In 2001, rumors were spread that Roshan had made disparaging remarks about Nepal, which lead Nepalese people to protest against him. Several newspapers carried the report, leading to student protests, in which four people died. The unrest forced the government to cancel a flight from Kathmandu to India. Later the Indian embassy and the actor himself clarified that he had made no such remarks. -Sampurn Media
- Hrithik completes 12 years, thanks fans - Jan 15, 2012
- Hrithik to unveil his statue at Madame Tussauds Friday - Jan 10, 2011
- 'Kaho Naa...' to 'Kites': Hrithik reminisces in the US (With Images) - May 16, 2010
- Hrithik wishes for good health on his birthday - Jan 10, 2012
- Sibling power rocks Bollywood (Aug 13 is Rakhi) - Aug 10, 2011
- Don't want to only do remakes: Hrithik Roshan - Jan 13, 2012
- Interesting Facts and Figures: Kareena Kapoor - Apr 04, 2009
- Anurag Basu wishes Hrithik success on b'day - Jan 10, 2010
- From Actor To Director: Easy Transition? - May 28, 2010
- We are bad losers: Abhishek (Movie snippets) - Jan 11, 2012
- Shah Rukh, Sonam named worst actors at Golden Kela Awards - Mar 13, 2011
- Whats The Origin Of Hrithik-Aishwarya's Sizzling Chemistry? - Nov 18, 2010
- Hrithik unveils his wax figure at Madame Tussauds - Jan 21, 2011
- Hrithik Roshan To Hit Again With Krrish 2 - Jul 12, 2010
- Bollywood stars grace 18th Lions Gold Awards - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: aasha, actor awards, bollywood film, child artist, commercial successes, dance sequence, dhoom 2, film debut, highest grossing film, hindu family, indian actor, international film festival, jodhaa akbar, karan arjun, kazan russia, koyla, krrish, limca book of records, rakesh roshan, veteran producer