Interesting Facts and Figures : Deepika PadukoneMarch 18th, 2009 - 5:34 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Deepika Padukone: Deepika Padukone is the latest in the line of super models trying their luck in Bollywood and is being touted along with Katrina Kaif as the next big thing to hit Hindi cinema. There is no doubt that like Katrina, she is one of the most gorgeous woman in Hindi filmdom today. She still has to prove herself as an actress though, as it is more a case of her being cast correctly in films rather than her acting talent making the roles work.
Birthday: 5th January, 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Debut Film: She debuted with Aishwarya (2006), a Kannada film but her Bollywood debut was Farah Khan’s Om Shanti Om (2007).
Major Impact: Bachna Ae Haseeno (2008).
Successful Films: Om Shanti Om (2007), Bachna Ae Haseeno (2008).
Awards: Winner of the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award.
Upcoming Films: Love Aaj Kal.
Facts we didn’t know:
Attended Sophia High School in Bangalore and later did her undergraduate studies from Mount Carmel College.
Has a younger sister named Anisha who plays all sports, except badminton.
Favorite actresses are Hema Malini, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Kajol, Rani Mukherjee, Preity Zinta, Sushmita Sen, and Juhi Chawla.
Favorite actors are Aamir Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Johnny Depp, Richard Gere, Brad Pitt, and Amitabh Bachchan.
Loves music, eating, sleeping, and watching movies.
Plays a little bit of basketball, tennis, throw ball and baseball.
Spokesmodel of Liril, Dabur Lal powder, Close-Up toothpaste, Limca, Jewels of India, Parachute’s Advanced Massager, Levi Strauss (India) Pvt. Ltd., and Maybelline.
She played state level badminton till the 10th standard. Then she had to study for her ICSE board exams, so she stopped playing for three months. She never considered taking it up as a career because she was never interested in a professional sport. She took up modeling as a hobby, but later realized she wanted to do it professionally.
Favorite Indian designers are Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra and Rohit Bal. -Sampurn Media
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- I'll not stop for anything or anybody: Deepika Padukone (Interview) - Aug 21, 2010
- Deepika Padukone: The Star With A Serious Tinge - Nov 30, 2010
- Deepika to promote sports during Olympics - Nov 04, 2011
- SRK mum on Deepika's presence in 'Chennai Express' - Aug 14, 2012
- My comment on Ranbir, Katrina was said in good humour: Deepika - Nov 18, 2010
- Kainaz Motivala turns chauffeur for next film - Jun 21, 2012
- It was challenging to shift roles: Deepika Padukone - Oct 19, 2010
- Deepika Padukone Likely To Do Race 2 - Oct 25, 2010
- I'm not into script changing: Deepika Padukone (Film Snippets) - Nov 23, 2010
- B-Town excited about Karan Johar's birthday bash - May 23, 2012
- My dream role is Kajol's part in DDLJ: Deepika Padukone - Dec 05, 2010
- "There is lot more enthusiasm in 'Housefull'" - Deepika - Mar 31, 2010
- Bangalore girls make a splash in Bollywood - Aug 22, 2009
- Deepika-Farhan bond on Karthik Calling Karthik sets - Jul 30, 2009
Tags: amitabh bachchan, close up toothpaste, copenhagen denmark, deepika padukone, farah khan, hema malini, icse board exams, india pvt ltd, indian designers, kannada film, katrina kaif, levi strauss, liril, madhuri dixit, manish malhotra, maybelline, mount carmel college, om shanti om, rani mukherjee, sophia high school