Interesting Facts and Figures Boman IraniMay 8th, 2009 - 1:31 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Boman Irani (born in 1962, Mumbai, Maharashtra) is an Indian film and theatre actor.
Before moving into the entertainment industry Boman Irani was involved in selling potato chips.
He started his career as a photographer, but soon expanded to theatre with a first cameo in Alyque Padamsee’s play Roshni and a double role opposite Pearl Padamsee in Raell Padamsee’s play Family Ties in 1996.
He portrayed Mahatma Gandhi in the Feroz Abbas Khan play Mahatma vs. Gandhi. This play explored Gandhi’s troubled relationship with his eldest son Harilal Gandhi.
He then did some T.V. commercials, CEAT tyres, Smyle Cough Syrup being couple of them.
He made his Bollywood film debut in Josh (2000).
He shot to fame as the eccentric Dr. J.C Ashtana in the hit comedy film Munnabhai M.B.B.S. (2003).
He also appeared in the sequel, Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006), as a different character, Lucky Singh.
His recent noteworthy performance includes Khosla ka Ghosla, where he plays a comic negative character.
He has appeared in many Bollywood films playing a variety of character and supporting roles ranging from comic roles in films such as Main Hoon Na (2004), Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005) and Khosla Ka Ghosla (2006) as well as serious dramatic roles in Lakshya (2004), Veer-Zaara (2004), Don - The Chase Begins Again (2006) and the English language film Being Cyrus (2006).
His roles have ranged from father, friend, uncle, doctor, abusive neighbour, courtroom judge, corrupt businessman, eccentric murderer and police officer.
He follows Zoroastrianism and hails from the Gujarati-speaking Parsi community of Mumbai, Maharashtra.
He has also been on Kaun Banega Crorepati with Sanjay Dutt. -Sampurn Media
- Characters are storytellers too, feels Boman Irani - Feb 23, 2012
- I want to make my absence felt: Anupam Kher (Interview) - Feb 09, 2011
- I'd like to direct a movie: Boman Irani - Aug 24, 2012
- Bollywood finally sets stage for theatre veterans - Apr 21, 2012
- Not worried about being overshadowed by 'Housefull 2' cast: Shazahn - Mar 09, 2012
- Vishal Bhardwaj, Imtiaz Ali on Boman's wish list - Jul 23, 2009
- 'Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi': Farah shines in pastiche Parsi romance (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Aug 25, 2012
- I hold record of 22 films with new directors: Boman Irani - Jun 26, 2012
- Now a film based on Osho's ideology (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2012
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Presidential Award - Jun 03, 2010
- Now I know why Chetan Bhagat is famous: Amrita Puri (Movie Snippets) - Jul 09, 2012
- Vinay Pathak misses Ranvir Shorey in 'Bheja Fry 2' - Jun 14, 2011
- 'Our cinema is creating literature for India' - Dec 12, 2011
- I've always aimed for commercial success: Dibakar (Movie Snippets) - Apr 14, 2012
- Even stars are into multi-starrers: Shazahn Padamsee - Feb 25, 2012
Tags: alyque padamsee, being cyrus, bollywood film, bollywood films, boman irani, cough syrup, crorepati, dramatic roles, english language film, feroz abbas khan, lakshya, mahatma gandhi, munna bhai, noteworthy performance, play family, roshni, sanjay dutt, theatre actor, uncle doctor, veer zaara