Interesting Facts and Figures Ayesha Takia AzmiMay 8th, 2009 - 9:29 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Ayesha Azmi born as Ayesha Takia (April 10, 1986 is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood movies.
Takia appeared in “I’m a Complan Boy. I’m a Complan Girl” advertising campaign alongside Shahid Kapur and also in a music video, Falguni Pathak’s Meri Chunarii Udd Udd Jaye, when she was fifteen.
She then appeared in the video, Shake It With Me Daddy, when she was sixteen, which brought her to the attention of the movie industry, and a few film offers followed.
She signed a contract for Socha Na Tha, then for Taarzan: The Wonder Car. However, delays in making Socha Na Tha meant that Taarzan released first and was therefore her “debut” film.
She won the Filmfare Best Debut Award in 2004 for her performance in Taarzan: The Wonder Car.
Ayesha Takia was born on April 10, 1986. She comes from a mixed family.
Her father, Nishit, is Gujarati, and her mother, Faridah, is half British and half Maharashtrian, an Anglo-Indian.
Takia went to St. Anthony’s High School. Her father interacts with her producers and handles her dates. She has a younger sister named Natasha.
On March 1, 2009, Takia married Farhan Azmi, a restaurateur and the son of Muslim politician Abu Azmi, a Samajwadi Party leader.
The couple had originally planned to marry in December 2008, but the wedding was delayed due to the Mumbai attacks. -Sampurn Media
- I'm unambitious, says actress Ayesha Takia - Sep 08, 2012
- I took break to plan my future: Ayesha - Aug 03, 2011
- Ayesha Takia is a Momma's Girl! - Sep 02, 2009
- Business woman Ayesha has no time for films - Sep 04, 2012
- Ayesha Takia ties a knot - Mar 03, 2009
- Abbas Tyrewala waits for Ayesha's mom to vacate his house - Dec 23, 2009
- Ayesha Takia, Siddharth Mallya at loggerheads - Feb 07, 2012
- 'Taarzan...' sequel will have three futuristic cars: Director - Sep 02, 2011
- When unusual romances set big screen on fire - Feb 12, 2011
- Kukunoor's 'Mod' like a gentle sonnet (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***1/2) - Oct 14, 2011
- I don't wear burqa after marriage: Ayesha Takia - Jan 22, 2010
- Kamlesh Gill thanks 'Vicky Donor' for making her famous - Apr 25, 2012
- 'Mod' will now release Oct 14 - Sep 28, 2011
- Ayesha Takia is ready to dress the world - Jul 14, 2009
- Beauty queens jazz up Archana Kochhar's LFW show - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: advertising campaign, anglo indian, ayesha takia, debut film, farhan azmi, faridah, filmfare, indian actress, interesting facts, meri, movie industry, party leader, pathak, restaurateur, s high school, Samajwadi Party, socha, st anthony, udd, wonder car