Interesting Facts and Figures: Amrita AroraApril 1st, 2009 - 7:07 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Amrita Arora was born January 31, 1981 is a Bollywood actress.
Arora was born in Mumbai, India to a Malayali mother, Joyce Polycarp and a Punjabi father, Anil Mehta.
She is 5′ 4 1/2″ tall,
She is the sister of Malaika Arora. Her brother-in-law is Arbaaz Khan, the brother of Salman Khan.
She is known to be a party regular at the Mannat, Shah Rukh Khan’s residence.
She was romantically linked to Kevin Otter, Ashmit Patel, Dino Moreo and Upen Patel.
She also dated the British-Pakistani cricketer Usman Afzaal.
Amrita Arora had her Christian wedding ceremony with boyfriend Muslim Shakeel
Ladak on March 4, 2009. The wedding took place on Friday, March 6.
She made her debut opposite Fardeen Khan with the film Kitne Door Kitne Paas which was not successful at the box office
Her first successful movie was Awara Paagal Deewana.
A series of flop followed, among them the controversial Girlfriend (2004) opposite Isha Koppikar, a movie about a lesbian relationship.
In 2007, Red -The Dark Side released starring Aftab Sivdastani, Celina Jaitley and Amrita Arora. There was a controversy over the twenty-seven minute sex scene.
She started her career as a model and then appeared in music videos.
She featured in ads for Ponds, Elle 18, After Smoke, Sunsilk fruitiness etc.
She is now most famous for hosting MTV House full and Mtv Chillout on Mtv India.
Her good looks and light skin were popular for casting directors looking for the next new face to promote in the commercial cinema of boy meet girl
She is very close friends with actress Kareena Kapoor.
Most remembered for: Being Kareena Kapoor’s best friend, Malaika Arora khan’s sister, her ever changing boyfriend and her boldness.
Famous pairing: With Isha Koppikar in Girlfriend
Amrita Arora, started her career as an MTV VJ and is now regarded as a sex symbol
She got a Dulux paints ad and a role in Golmaal returns because of Kareena Kapoor’s influence.
She is a regular at Page 3 events. -Sampurn Media
- My friends were abused, I was assaulted: Saif - Feb 22, 2012
- Saif is sorry, says he was provoked (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2012
- Bollywood's women power dazzles at IIJW - Aug 03, 2011
- Christmas Plans Of Bollywood Stars - Dec 24, 2010
- Bollywood open to everybody: Malaika - Jun 20, 2012
- Katrina joins star parade with 'Sheila ki jawani' dance - Nov 30, 2010
- Malaika and Amrita walk the ramp for Vikram Phadnis - Mar 03, 2012
- I could have used 'Gandhigiri': Saif - Feb 23, 2012
- Arbaaz wishes wife Malaika on birthday (Movie Snippets) - Oct 23, 2011
- Looking forward to new phase: Shilpa - May 04, 2012
- Isha Koppikar doesn't regret not being a part of 'Don 2' - Aug 04, 2011
- 'Nawab' Saif's bad boy behaviour continues - Feb 22, 2012
- Saif in trouble for assaulting South African (Second Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Saif in trouble for assaulting South African (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Manyata, Malaika attend Shilpa's baby shower - May 03, 2012
Tags: amrita arora, arbaaz khan, ashmit patel, bollywood actress, celina jaitley, christian wedding ceremony, commercial cinema, dino moreo, dulux paints, fardeen khan, isha koppikar, malaika arora, mother joyce, mtv chillout, mtv india, mtv vj, mumbai india, salman khan, shah rukh khan, upen patel