Interesting Facts and Figures: Akshay KumarMarch 21st, 2009 - 1:23 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Akshay Kumar: Akshay Kumar is perhaps the most reliable or “saleable’ actor in Hindi filmdom today along with Shah Rukh Khan with practically all his films over the last few years being hugely successfully at the box office. What’s more he has developed from an action hero in B–movies to a reasonably fine actor, in particular, displaying impeccable sense of comic timing in films like Garam Masala (2005), Bhagam Bhaag (2006) and Heyy Babyy (2007). And like Shah Rukh, he has made it to the top rung of Bollywood without any “filmi’ connections whatsoever.
Birthday: 9th September, 1967 in Amritsar.
Debut Film: Saugandh (1991).
Major Impact: Khiladi (1992).
Successful Films: Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994), Mohra (1994), Yeh Dillagi (1994), Sabse Bada Khiladi (1995), Saboot (1996), Daava (1997), Insaaf: The Final Justice (1997), Zulmi (1999), International Khiladi (1999) and Khiladi 420 (2000). Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Jaanwar (1999), Hera Pheri (2000), Dhadkan (2000), Ajnabee (2001). Andaaz (2003) and Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005), Humko Deewana Kar Gaye (2006), Namsatey London (2007), Tashan (2008) Singh is Kinng (2008),
Comedy films-Hera Pheri (2000), Phir Hera Pheri (2006) Garam Masala, Bhagam Bhaag and Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007), Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), Heyy Babyy and Welcome (2007)
Awards- First Filmfare award for Best villain in the film Ajnabee (2001)
2nd Filmfare for Best comedian in Garam masala (2005)
Upcoming Films-Blue, Eight By ten and Kambakht Ishq
Facts we dint know-Dated most of his co-stars including Pooja Batra, Raveena Tandon and Rekha (before his marriage to Twinkle Khanna).
Was a martial arts teacher. One of his students suggested he model and he was soon offered films after his success as a model.
Dated Shilpa Shetty twice before his marriage to Twinkle Khanna.
Has a son with wife Twinkle Khanna named Araav born 15th September 2002. Became an uncle when sister-in-law Rinke Saran gave birth to a baby girl on 19 October 2004.
Won Best Villain award for ‘Ajnabee (2001)’ as it was his first ever award since his career started in 1991.
He is the son-in-law of Bollywood mega-star, Rajesh Khanna and actress, Dimple Kapadia, as well as the brother-in-law of actress Rinke Khanna.
Was working as a chef in a restaurant in Bangkok before entering films.
Studied martial arts in Bangkok before becoming an actor.
Formed a popular team with Sunil Shetty and Paresh Rawal. -Sampurn Media
- I'm ready for another innings in action: Akshay Kumar - Mar 27, 2012
- Akshay Kumar's birthday to be a family affair - Sep 09, 2010
- Akshay loves action hero tag more - Sep 18, 2012
- Action is easy, comedy toughest: Akshay Kumar (Interview) - Mar 10, 2012
- Anup Jalota, Priyadarshan to receive Padma Shri - Jan 25, 2012
- Priyadarshan busy as bee, thanks to new projects - Aug 30, 2012
- I copy common people: Akshay Kumar (Interview) - May 04, 2010
- Padma award has come at the right time: Priyadarsan - Jan 25, 2012
- Khiladi tag never went away from me: Akshay Kumar - Sep 21, 2012
- Bazmee will direct 'Welcome Back', not 'Hera Pheri 4' - Jun 12, 2012
- I'm a real desi boy: Akshay Kumar (Interview) - Nov 09, 2011
- Akshay Kumar scouting for serious roles - Jul 16, 2010
- Sunil Shetty Turns Over A New Leaf - Aug 12, 2010
- Paresh is my known devil: Priyadarshan - Aug 29, 2012
- After 86 films, who cares about critics: Priyadarshan (Interview) - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: action hero, ajnabee 2001, andaaz 2003, comedy films, debut film, dhadkan, dil to pagal, dil to pagal hai, filmfare award, garam masala, heyy babyy, impeccable sense, international khiladi, main khiladi tu anari, mujhse shaadi karogi, phir hera pheri, pooja batra, shah rukh khan, twinkle khanna, yeh dillagi