Inox, Fame screen ‘Tashan’, get bonus four filmsMay 5th, 2008 - 8:29 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, May 5 (IANS) The multiplex chains Inox and Fame have finally started screening Yash Raj Films’ (YRF) latest offering “Tashan” here after receiving a written assurance from the banner that it will give prints of their other four releases of this year from the first-day-first-show. Released last Friday, the Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Anil Kapoor starrer, was not screened in these multiplexes for a week because of a dispute over high revenue rate. After getting a discouraging response at the ticket window, the producers have now agreed to cut the revenue share as a result of which the multiplexes have started showing it from May 3.
“We refused to play ‘Tashan’ in Kolkata because YRF hiked the revenue rate by 12 percent and asked for 60 percent revenue collected in the first week. But now after the film crashed at the box office, the YRF officials have agreed to cut the revenue rate to 50 percent in the first week and 45 percent in the second week,” Vikas Syal, general manager of Inox (Forum) in Kolkata told IANS Monday.
“Besides we are getting a package deal of four forthcoming films under the YRF banner. This will save us from the hassles of renewing agreements and debate on negotiations before every YRF release,” Syal added.
The four forthcoming films of YRF are Kunal Kohli’s “Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic” starring Saif and Rani Mukerji, Ranbir Kapoor, Bipasha Basu and Deepika Padukone’s “Bachna Ae Haseeno”, Walt Disney co-produced animation film “Roadside Romeo” and Aditya Chopra’s third directorial venture “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”, which will have superstar Shah Rukh Khan in the lead role.
“Only for ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’, YRF has asked for 35 percent revenue share instead of the usual 30 percent and we have agreed to the terms,” Syal said.
However, PVR Cinemas hasn’t started screening the film yet.
- Working with new actors a learning experience: SRK - Aug 06, 2012
- Never a problem with Aditya Chopra: Habib Faisal - May 05, 2012
- YRF's 'Band Baaja Baraat' releases Dec 10 - Sep 26, 2010
- 'Rab Ne...' will always remain special: Anushka Sharma - Dec 10, 2011
- Bonding with co-stars works for romantic film: SRK - Sep 26, 2011
- Shakti Kapoor's Daughter Shraddha Signs Three-Film Deal With YRF - Jul 05, 2010
- Never had three-film deal with Yash Raj: Anushka Sharma (Interview) - Dec 08, 2010
- Spice up V-Day with romantic Bollywood movies - Feb 09, 2012
- Ekta Kapoor's 'Twilight' - Jul 15, 2010
- Wrong timing for 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi'? - Dec 05, 2008
- Sukhwinder Singh releases bhajan album (With Images) - Jun 21, 2011
- 'Band Baaja Baaraat' not funded by debutant's father: YRF - Nov 01, 2010
- No space in Mumbai to shoot Shahid-Priyanka qawwali! - Dec 07, 2011
- SRK's 'Rab Ne...' wins at Okinawa Festival - Apr 02, 2010
- 'Rocket Singh' short but sweet album (IANS Music Review) - Dec 07, 2009
Tags: aditya chopra, akshay kumar, anil kapoor, animation film, bana, bipasha basu, deepika padukone, directorial venture, forthcoming films, four films, kareena kapoor, multiplexes, rani mukerji, revenue share, saif ali khan, shah rukh khan, thoda, ticket window, walt disney co, yrf