Initial college years weren’t easy: WatsonAugust 18th, 2012 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 18 (IANS) Actress Emma Watson reveals that her initial years at the university “weren’t easy” because she couldn’t spend a lot of time with a solid group of friends.
The 22-year-old actress began her studies at Brown University in 2009 and admits that the American establishment was tough.
“My first two years at Brown weren’t easy, not because I was bullied or because anyone gave me a particularly hard time, but just because, you know, without the collegiate system… and at Brown everyone does completely different things and very much chooses their own path, which is great, but it’s also much more difficult, too. You’re not with a group of people all the time at one time,” she told T: The New York Times Style Magazine.
The British star, popularly known as Hermione Granger of the “Harry Potter” film series, admitted her success makes it difficult for her to go out in public unnoticed, reports contactmusic.com.
“If I went to somewhere busy, I wouldn’t last very long. I can’t go to a museum, I’ll last 10 or 15 minutes in a museum. The problem is that when one person asks for a photograph, then someone sees a flash goes off, then everyone else sort of… it’s sort of like a domino effect,” she said.
“And then very quickly the situation starts to get out of control to a point where I can’t manage it on my own,” she added.
- Too famous to be in public: Emma Watson - Aug 21, 2012
- Emma Watson wants to be a strong role model - Jul 13, 2011
- Children are scared of me: Emma Watson - Jul 07, 2011
- Emma Watson begins Oxford classes - Oct 18, 2011
- Lawrance hair-do in 'Hunger Games' cost 18,000 pounds - Mar 21, 2012
- Men don't really ask me out: Emma Watson - Nov 07, 2010
- Emma Watson is planning to go back to Brown University - Jul 19, 2011
- Emma Watson is dating Johnny Simmon! - Jun 16, 2011
- Emma Watson Wants to Enjoy Her Life! - Oct 21, 2010
- Emma Watson feels shy around fans - Jul 25, 2012
- I don't understand men, says Emma Watson - Nov 22, 2010
- Emma Watson ready for life after 'Harry Potter' - Nov 15, 2010
- Watson doesn't know how to spend her fortune - Jan 09, 2011
- Jolie praises ex-husband - May 18, 2012
- Emma Watson has been 'in love once' - Nov 13, 2010
Tags: 15 minutes, actress emma, british star, brown university, collegiate system, different things, domino effect, emma watson, film series, hard time, harry potter, harry potter film, hermione granger, london, new york times, photograph, solid group, style magazine