‘Inferno’ producers deny sacking LiLoAugust 4th, 2010 - 6:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 04 (ANI): Producers of American singer/actress Lindsay Lohan’s upcoming film based on porn star Linda Lovelace have denied reports that they have sacked her.
It was reported that the producers had began auditioning other actresses for the lead role but they denied the rumours insisting that the stories are ‘completely unfounded and untrue’.
The ‘Mean Girls’ star had landed the part of the troubled porn icon in upcoming film Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story, but her role in the production was thrown into jeopardy when she was sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating her probation.
The film’s director Matthew Wilder has pledged to support Lohan, insisting that the project will be put on hold until she is available, but his promise has failed to prevent rumours of a recast.
It was reported that movie bosses got tired of waiting for Lohan, who was released from jail on 02 August, 2010 and will spend the next 90 days in a rehab clinic, but Wilder and producer Chris Hanley reufused such claims.
“The producers and director of Inferno, the story of Linda Lovelace, have been aware of certain media articles indicating there had been some alternative actors considered for the Lovelace role other than Lindsay Lohan,” a statement, released to E! Online said.
“These stories are completely unfounded and untrue. The current production schedule, which works around Lohan’s current court obligations, has a start of photography in November of this year.” The statement added, reports The Daily Star.
“The creative team behind Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story wishes to express our renewed support for Lindsay Lohan. We never considered recasting Inferno, and never would recast it. There is no actor more ideally suited to this role than Lindsay, and we are content to start production after she finishes what the court mandated,” it further said. (ANI)
- Who Plays The Pornographer Husband In The Linda Lovelace Biopic? - Jan 26, 2011
- LiLo seeking work pass from rehab for porn star biopic: Director - Nov 12, 2010
- LiLo's 'Inferno' on track despite 90-day jail term - Jul 08, 2010
- LiLo to go nude in first post-prison film - Jul 20, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan To Play The Role Of Porn Star Linda Lovelace - May 05, 2010
- Malin Akerman to replace LiLo as Linda Lovelace in Inferno - Nov 22, 2010
- LiLo's upcoming flick 'Inferno' in trouble - Sep 22, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan: No More A Part Of Matthew Wilder’s ‘Inferno’ - Nov 23, 2010
- LiLo will have no shortage of job offers post rehab stint - Nov 28, 2010
- LiLo dropped from playing porn star in new movie - Nov 21, 2010
- 'Inferno' producers add Lindsay Lohan 'sobriety clause' - Sep 23, 2010
- 'Inferno' Lindsay's new film to be shot in L.A. - Sep 27, 2010
- LiLo's talent should be weighed 'very heavily': 'Inferno' producer - Sep 21, 2010
- Lindsay turns down porn star role - Dec 16, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan To Enact The Character Of An Erstwhile Porn Star In A New Film - May 05, 2010
Tags: actress lindsay, american singer, chris hanley, creative team, daily star, e online, inferno, jeopardy, lead role, linda lovelace, lindsay lohan, matthew wilder, mean girls, media articles, porn star, probation, recast, rehab clinic, rumours, upcoming film