Indians won’t like to see me sing and dance: Colin FarrellDecember 16th, 2010 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
By Dibyojyoti Baksi
Dubai, Dec 16 (IANS) Irish actor Colin Farrell says he can go to any place to work, but feels it would be a disaster if he sings and dances in a Bollywood movie.”I am an actor and I can travel anywhere for it. I don’t think Indians would want me to sing and dance. I can bring the whole infrastructure and the economy down with one song,” Farrell, who’s here for the screening of his film “The Way Back” at the 7th Dubai International Film Festival, told IANS.
Based on Slavomir Rawicz’s acclaimed novel, “The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom”, the film tells the story of soldiers who escaped from a Siberian gulag in 1940 and made their way to India. It has been directed by six-time Oscar nominated Peter Weir.
“It’s a very old fashioned film. It’s an epic film in its scale, in its size and in its scope,” said Farrell about the movie that also stars Ed Harris, Jim Sturgess and Saoirse Ronan in important roles.
Farrell enjoys a huge fan following in Dubai and it was evident when he stepped out of his car to attend the screening of his film. The crowd went crazy, screaming and shouting.
The star obliged many by allowing them to click his pictures and even signed autographs.
- Shooting in Darjeeling was memorable, says British actor - Dec 16, 2010
- Controversy over whether 'The Way Back' is true story or fiction - Dec 27, 2010
- 'The Way Back' - an impossible trek turned into a cinematic triumph (IANS Movie Review) - Mar 04, 2011
- Kelly Brook at Dubai Film Festival to support her movie - Dec 18, 2010
- Irish Actress Saoirse Ronan Enters 'The Hobbit' Cast - Jan 29, 2011
- Dubai world premiere for 'Khule Darwaze' short film - Dec 14, 2010
- 'The Desire' my last for now: Shilpa Shetty (Interview) - Sep 14, 2011
- A good story, not budget, decides a film's fate: Actor Madhavan - Feb 23, 2011
- Another Indian boy in Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' - May 21, 2011
- Bhansali and me can communicate even in silence: Aishwarya Rai - Oct 24, 2010
- No dancing around trees in 'Khatta Meetha': Trisha (Interview) - Jul 01, 2010
- Aparna Sen's 'Iti Mrinalini' housefull at Dubai film fest - Dec 14, 2010
- No one in India has Satyajit Ray's 'Sikkim' print: Son - Sep 18, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' opens Dubai film fest, Firth feels honoured - Dec 13, 2010
- Tannishtha sang and composed song in 'Road, Movie' - Feb 14, 2010
Tags: 1940, actor colin, autographs, baksi, colin farrell, crowd, dubai international film festival, ed harris, epic film, gulag, indians, international film festival, irish actor, jim sturgess, peter weir, ronan, scope, slavomir rawicz, true story, way to india