Indians find Gordon Ramsay’s curries ‘bloody c***’April 5th, 2009 - 12:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 5 (ANI): Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has been given a thumbs down after disappointing foodies with his curries in India.
The ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ host has been filming the Indian series for his ‘Great Escape’ for Channel 4.
The 42-year-old, whose TV ratings have taken a dip after facing allegations of cheating on his wife Tana with a writer, managed to offend the palates of locals and experts with his recipes.
“It’s bloody c***,” News of the World quoted one Indian cuisine expert.
Local foodie Satish Jacob fumed: “It’s got too much cardamom, it’s a muddy colour and the flavour is awful. Spices have to be used subtly. I’m very disappointed.”
Ramsay, however, received a more positive response from the tribal people of Bastar in Chhatisgarh after serving them with red ant chutney.
The Brit restaurateur hunted ants and later made a paste adding garlic, red chillies, tomatoes and ant eggs. (ANI)
- Curry in the land of the British queen (Feature) (With Images) - Sep 08, 2009
- Vivid platters for Eid this year (With recipes) - Nov 06, 2011
- Indian platter goes casual; eateries reap bounty - Oct 23, 2011
- After acting, its food business for Yash Sinha - Jan 30, 2012
- India, and its art of spices - Jun 20, 2011
- Spit roasts to kofta, tuck into festive feasts in Delhi - Dec 24, 2010
- Mumbai, a city that never stops eating! - May 21, 2012
- Europe's oldest vegetarian restaurant on culinary crusade (With Images) - Aug 05, 2011
- Kerala food delights to feature on US TV show (With Images) - Aug 29, 2010
- Chomping on cheese and chilli delights in Bhutan - Apr 29, 2011
- Book launched on coastal Maharashtrian cuisine - Feb 03, 2012
- Indian restaurants-on-wheels becoming hip in USA - Dec 26, 2010
- Bengali-Islamic fusion food debuts in Delhi (Eating Out With IANS) - Feb 16, 2011
- Onam spread of spicy dishes goes online - Aug 20, 2010
- Nature my kitchen, fusion my passion: Chef Malhotra (With Images) - Jan 22, 2012
Tags: ant eggs, ants, bastar, c london, c news, cardamom, celebrity chef, chef gordon ramsay, chhatisgarh, chutney, foodie, foodies, great escape, indian cuisine, news of the world, palates, red ant, restaurateur, tana, tv ratings