Indianised ‘Italian Job’ to be shot in New ZealandJuly 12th, 2010 - 12:01 pm ICT by IANS
By Amandeep Kaur
New Zealand, July 12 (IANS) After “I Hate Luv Storys”, partly shot in the beautiful Queenstown city of New Zealand, another big-budget Bollywood movie, a remake of “The Italian Job”, is scheduled to be filmed here towards the end of the year.
Director duo Abbas-Mustan has signed Abhishek Bachchan and Kareena Kapoor for the remake. A crew of 90 to 100 from India will fly down for about 50 days of shooting, a New Zealand Tourism statement said.
“The producers have been in New Zealand, scouting for scenes and camera staff. The movie will be shot in Auckland and Wellington, with Auckland’s Viaduct Basin - in the city’s vibrant downtown waterside area - targeted for the big car chase scenes,” the statement added.
The project will have a budget of around NZ$43 million (US$30 million/Rs 1.4 billion). Abbas-Mustan say that no compromises will be made to make sure the latest version of “The Italian Job” is as good as the original.
“We’re going to Indianise ‘The Italian Job’. We’ll add roles for two heroines. We might even have an American actress in the film. And the villain will be played by one of the top heroes. We want to make it better than the original,” Abbas-Mustan said.
Michael Caine starred in the original 1969 version of “The Italian Job”. A 2003 remake with Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron and Donald Sutherland was also a commercial success.
(Amandeep Kaur can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Abhishek in awe of Michael Caine - Nov 24, 2011
- Abhishek, Bipasha meet New Zealand PM - Jun 30, 2011
- Abbas-Mustan keen to make TV show - Mar 14, 2012
- New Zealand to chnage business migration policies - May 09, 2011
- Watch 'Players' for high-speed action (IANS Preview) - Jan 02, 2012
- Boys were boys on 'Players' sets - Nov 02, 2011
- Abbas-Mustan's clarity, precision impresses Abhishek - Dec 16, 2011
- New Zealand PM embarks on first visit to India - Jun 25, 2011
- Tsunami may hit New Zealand following Japan quake - Mar 11, 2011
- Abbas-Mustan's 'Italian Job' not a con job - Jul 16, 2009
- Abbas-Mustan To Direct The Big B - Aug 20, 2010
- Indian students have highest transition rate to work in New Zealand - Feb 19, 2011
- Remakes not a trend, but creative choice: Abhishek - Dec 30, 2011
- New Zealand to bring new immigration law - Oct 25, 2010
- Sonam Replaces Katrina For The 'Job' - Aug 14, 2010
Tags: abbas mustan, abhishek bachchan, amandeep, american actress, big car, camera staff, car chase scenes, charlize theron, commercial success, donald sutherland, heroines, italian job, kareena kapoor, kaur, mark wahlberg, michael caine, new zealand tourism, rs 1, viaduct basin, waterside area