Indian TV fest in Goa rescheduledSeptember 14th, 2012 - 4:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) has rescheduled the first Indian TV Fest, earlier set to be held Nov 2-3 in Goa, with the new dates to be announced shortly.
The decision has been taken in view of completion of the first phase of digitisation across metros.
IBF, the apex body for Indian broadcasters, has decided to channelise its focus and all its might towards ensuring a successful roll out of digitisation of cable TV, which is the next step forward for the Indian TV industry.
“We at IBF are committed towards the successful implementation of digitisation. At this stage, our priority is to ensure that we put in all the industry might behind digitisation so that it is successfully completed by the sunset date of Nov 1, 2012,” Uday Shankar, president, IBF, said in a statement.
“We understand the importance of this date for the television broadcasting industry; hence IBF has deferred the Indian TV fest to a new date,” he added.
Ever since the fest was announced in August, IBF has received encouraging support from industry, sponsors, media and from delegates.
While the industry is bracing itself to usher in an all new era, many members of the broadcasting industry, its allied industry and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) are likely to be busy with last minute execution and operational details. Therefore, it was a decision to suit all parties.
- Goa to host first Indian TV festival - Aug 03, 2012
- Government to fast-track digitisation of TV broadcast - Sep 26, 2011
- Special committee for TRP soon: Ambika Soni - Aug 27, 2012
- Bill to digitalise cable TV passed by Lok Sabha - Dec 13, 2011
- West Bengal cable TV equipment makers seek tax holiday - Jan 12, 2012
- Apex court's TimesNow order detrimental to media: IBF - Nov 18, 2011
- Govt. proposes "Broadcasting Content Complaints Council" - Feb 18, 2011
- Broadcasters hail passing of digitalisation bill - Dec 14, 2011
- TV channels beware, viewers watching your content - Aug 06, 2011
- Cabinet clears digitisation of TV broadcasts - Oct 13, 2011
Tags: allied industry, apex, apex body, broadcasters, delegates, digitisation, goa, indian tv, industry sponsors, metros, mib, ministry of information, new date, New Delhi, new era, nov 1, nov 2, operational details, television broadcasting, tv industry