Indian-origin Archie Panjabi wins Emmy (Lead)August 30th, 2010 - 11:25 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 30 (IANS) Indian origin British actress Archie Panjabi, who starred in films like “Bend it like Beckham” and “East is East”, has bagged the best supporting actress in a drama series for her role in “The Good Wife” at the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards here.
Panjabi was pitted against the likes of Rose Byrne (”Damages”), Sharon Gless (”Burn Notice”), Elisabeth Moss and Christina Hendricks (both for “Mad Men”) and co-star Christine Baranski for “The Good Wife”.
She made her film debut in the British hit film “East Is East” in 1999 and went on to star in international blockbuster films like “Bend It Like Beckham” in 2002, imdb.com reported.
The actress starred in 2005 in “The Constant Gardener” and played a part in critically acclaimed films like “A Mighty Heart” in 2007 and “Yasmin” written by Simon Beaufoy, who also scripted the Oscar-winning “Slumdog Millionaire”.
Panjabi won the Best Actress for her role in “Yasmin” in 2004 at the Reims Festival in 2006 and was awarded the Shooting Star Award at the Berlin International Film Festival 2005. The award is given to actors who are seen as “the most exciting and emerging actors from across Europe” (European Film Promotion).
The award-winning actress graduated from Brunel University, England, with a degree in Management Studies (BSc).
- Archie Panjabi wins Emmy for best supporting actress in drama - Aug 30, 2010
- British Actress Archie Panjabi Wins Primetime Emmy - Aug 30, 2010
- British Actress Archie Panjabi Wins Her First Emmy For CBS Series "The Good Wife" - Aug 30, 2010
- 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards: Nominees & Winners - Aug 30, 2010
- Author-diplomat Navtej Sarna gets Sikh Heritage Award - Oct 16, 2011
- Keira Knightley wins over critics with West End stage return - Feb 11, 2011
- `Bend It Like Beckham' actress to launch pop career - Jul 06, 2010
- Parminder Nagra splits from husband - Feb 10, 2012
- Carrie Underwood Bags "Best Bridal Body" 2010 Title - Dec 14, 2010
- Keira Knightley's 20s Style Hair-do - Oct 07, 2010
- Christina Hendricks in 'Drive' - Sep 04, 2011
- 'Bend it Like Beckham' - first Western-made film to air in North Korea - Dec 31, 2010
- Anupam meets Keira after nine years (Movie Snippets) - Sep 12, 2011
- Yasmin Ponnappa: Aaranya Kaandam Is Not An Arthouse Movie - Dec 21, 2010
- French minister accidently tweets wife to come to bed - Oct 21, 2011
Tags: archie panjabi, bend it like beckham, berlin international film festival, berlin international film festival 2005, best actress, best supporting actress, blockbuster films, british actress, brunel university, christina hendricks, christine baranski, elisabeth moss, film debut, film promotion, international blockbuster, international film festival, primetime emmy awards, rose byrne, sharon gless, simon beaufoy