Indian hues at Madame TussaudsApril 17th, 2009 - 10:09 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
After Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, SRK, Salman Khan and most recently Sachin Tendulkar, Aamir Khan could very well be one of the Indian stars at the prestigious museum.
And this very fact has been revealed by Bobby Khan, who handles the Bollywood segment at Tussaud’s, London.
He’s reportedly said, “Aamir should be next. He’s popular and a Bollywood A-lister. Even this time, both Sachin and Aamir’s names were in the reckoning, but then Sachin was chosen.”
A source has also clearly revealed that Aamir would be the next.
Though Bobby didn’t confirm anything he as also been saying that out of the six new wax figures put up at Tussaud’s every year, “one is going to be an Indian personality. A prominent Indian personality – and that need not be a film star, necessarily.”
It’s been also revealed that Bobby plans to bring Tussaud’s to Delhi first, before Mumbai and Hyderabad.
The source has also added, “Yes, Bobby who’s currently in Hong Kong is working out the terms and conditions with people in Delhi. He may choose either Saket or Gurgaon. Work on it is slow right now because its election time and talks have been put on hold. But after May 20, things are going to move fast.”
It has also revealed, “It is, but Delhi is a bigger market and the people here are crazy about stars. Mumbai isn’t like that. And when the museum opens in Delhi, we’re also going to organise a poll in the city to find out which other stars among Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif and Hrithik Roshan they’d want to see in the museum next. And the figures are going to be installed with all the effects – JLo and Angelina Jolie will blush, for instance. And yeah, you could actually hug and feel Brad Pitt’s bottom.”
So that means there’s much to look forward to on the Tussauds front for Indians Indian visitors and fans sure can have their share of fun. -Sampurn Media
- Kareena unveiled at Tussauds - Oct 27, 2011
- Madhuri unveils her wax statue in London - Mar 07, 2012
- Salman Khan's wax figure coming to New York - Jul 28, 2012
- Madhuri Dixit to be immortalised in wax - Jan 05, 2012
- Big wax figure at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong - Mar 25, 2011
- Madhuri's wax statue to be unveiled March 7 - Feb 05, 2012
- Wax statue biggest honour: Kareena - Nov 11, 2011
- Hrithik among most kissed at Madame Tussauds? - Oct 30, 2011
- Hrithik unveils his wax figure at Madame Tussauds - Jan 21, 2011
- Now Hrithik to enter Madame Tussauds - Jul 08, 2010
- Change of location for SRK? - Apr 28, 2010
- Hrithik shoots 'Just Dance' at Madame Tussauds - May 03, 2011
- Madame Tussauds 'Waxes' Dame Helen Mirren - May 12, 2010
- Salman, SRK war of words continues - Apr 02, 2012
- Hrithik Roshan: Wax Statue To Be Unveiled At Madame Tussuads In London - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: aamir khan, aishwarya rai, akshay kumar, amitabh bachchan, angelina jolie, brad pitt, election time, hrithik roshan, hues, indian stars, indian visitors, jlo, katrina kaif, lister, madame tussauds, saket, salman khan, tussaud, wax figures, year one