Indian Fashion Making Waves On Global Shores In 2010December 30th, 2010 - 1:14 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Indian fashion designers have proved that a little innovation and technique in their ensembles can make them be at par with their western counterparts with aplomb. This year saw Indian fashion making waves on global shores like never before.
Thus the year saw quite a number of Hollywood stars and divas pick outfits by Indian designers to sport at important international events and shows.
The Hollywood celebrities that have picked Indian designers to wear at big events are top names like the singer of the’ Black Eyed Peas’ Fergie to Nicki Minaj to Julia Roberts.
‘The Black Eyed Peas’ singer has been seen in a very chique outfit by the Indian designer couple Falguni and Shane Peacock. Their outfits spell class with a lot of colors strewn in to give that distinct unique Indian touch.
The couple have quite a clientele abroad with big names like pop star Madonna, the rock star Ozzy Osbourne and the R& B star Brandy all sporting their label at some point .
Another designer who has gained fame abroad is none other than the Bollywood favorite Manish Malhotra. This fashion designer had designed for Nicki Minaj who had sported an outfit from his house for the American Music Awards 2010 and also another at the FIFA Opening ceremony. The designer was well appreciated for the ensembles.
Reportedly apart from clothesline even the accessories designed by Indian designers are fast catching the eye of International celebrities and recently fashion bags from Indian designer Ritu Beri’s den were seen picked by celebrities like the Brit socialite and designer Victoria Hervey and Meera Mahadevia.
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Indian embroidery, needlework making Western inroads: Falguni-Shane (With Image) - Jun 04, 2012
- Jessie J wore Falguni-Shane creation at Diamond Jubilee celebration (With Images) - Jun 07, 2012
- Jessie J flaunts Indian designers' gown at Brit Awards (With Images) - Feb 23, 2012
- Nicki Minaj to launch nail polish range - Oct 24, 2011
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Indian designers: Merry time in global arena (2011 In Retrospect) (With images) - Dec 19, 2011
- Madonna's gig stuns audience at Super Bowl - Feb 06, 2012
- Will.i.am admits that he struggles while singing - May 25, 2012
- Rihanna tops 'Most Active Music Artists On Social Media Websites' list - Dec 03, 2010
- Oprah asked for traditional sari: Tarun Tahiliani (With Image) - Jan 19, 2012
- Nicki Minaj's video banned - Feb 02, 2012
- Was Nicki Minaj's Grammy dress inspired by Little Red Riding Hood? - Feb 13, 2012
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- Sportspersons Too Are Fashion Conscious! - Dec 22, 2010
Tags: american music awards, aplomb, clothesline, falguni, fashion bags, fashion designer, fifa opening ceremony, hollywood celebrities, hollywood stars, indian designers, indian fashion designers, international celebrities, manish malhotra, meera, ozzy osbourne, pop star madonna, shane peacock, star ozzy, victoria hervey, western counterparts