Indian cinema’s centenary celebrations to begin at Apsara awardsJanuary 18th, 2012 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 18 (IANS) The celebrations of 100 years of Indian cinema will be flagged off at the seventh edition of Chevrolet Apsara Awards at Mumbai’s Yash Raj Studios Jan 25.
As a special segment of the celebrations, the awards night will showcase a special tribute dedicated to the legends of Indian cinema and their glorious years in Bollywood. A melody of hits will showcase hit songs from the yesteryears and the stars that emulated the iconic onscreen characters.
The celebrations are being organised by the Film and Television Producers Guild of India in association with Wizcraft International Entertainment and channel Colors, as Indian cinema completes a century in 2013, ever since “Raja Harishchandra” was made in 1913.
“The Apsara Film and Television Producers Guild Awards is an effort to mark the success of the growing Indian entertainment Industry. We are very excited to honour and felicitate that group of incredible people who have continued to make a significant contribution to this industry,” Ramesh Sippy, president, The Film and Television Producers Guild, said in a press statement.
“This year too, we hope to inspire and empower achievers from the fraternity, especially with the entertainment industry all set to welcome the 100 years of Indian cinema,” he added.
Filmmaker Mukesh Bhatt, senior vice-president of the Guild, said: “I am extremely delighted to be part of the celebrations marking 100 years of Indian cinema. The celebrations have only just begun and we look forward to another great year of movies and entertainment.”
The awards night is expected to draw the who’s who from the Hindi film and TV industry.
- Ranbir, Vidya named best actors at Apsara Awards - Jan 26, 2012
- Shah Rukh to perform at star-studded Apsara Awards (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Farah Khan, Karan Johar to host Apsara Awards - Jan 23, 2012
- Zohra Segal, Ramesh Sippy to get lifetime honours - May 29, 2012
- Vancouver bids to host IIFA in 2013 - Nov 14, 2011
- Mukesh Bhatt new president of Producers Guild - Sep 17, 2012
- Now, National Film Awards to be held May 3 every year - May 03, 2012
- Website to celebrate 100 years of Indian Cinema - Jul 12, 2012
- Shah Rukh to perform at awards function - Jan 05, 2010
- Shah Rukh, Shahid and Priyanka set to rock Durban - Jan 05, 2011
- First Indian film museum in 2013: Ambika Soni - Sep 09, 2011
- Indian cinema to turn 100, celebs applaud its accomplishments - May 02, 2012
- Balika Vadhu bags Best Drama Series (Fiction) award at Apsara Guild Awards - Jan 15, 2010
- Apsara awards for 2008, 2009 to be held in December - Nov 30, 2009
- Museum on Indian Cinema to be ready by May 2013: Soni - May 03, 2012
Tags: 100 years, achievers, apsara awards, awards night, centenary celebrations, entertainment industry, film and television, film and tv, hindi film, indian cinema, indian entertainment, international entertainment, New Delhi, producers guild awards, senior vice president, television producers, tv industry, wizcraft, yash raj, yesteryears