Indian-born Designer Anand Jon guilty of raping teen modelsNovember 14th, 2008 - 11:11 am ICT by Bupha Ravirot
Anand Jon, Fashion designer for Hollywood stars was found guilty of 14 felony count in Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday, November 13.
Indian-born fashion designer, Anand Jon Alexander, 34, who had work for Hollywood stars like Paris Hilton and singer Janet Jackson before was found guilty on 16 criminal counts.
His victims were found to be teenage girls whom Jon proposed to be models but then sexually assaulted. The aspiring models ranged in age from 14 to 21 years of age.
Between 2001 and 2007, in all, Jon was found guilty of one count of forcible rape, one count of sexual battery, one count of sexual battery by restraint, one count of attempted forcible oral copulation, and seven counts of lewd acts upon a child and one count of possession of child pornography.
Jon was also found guilty on two counts of sexual penetration by a foreign object, one count of using a minor for sex acts and one count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Regarding The Los Angeles District Attorney’s office, Jon was facing a sentence of life in prison which is scheduled for January 13, with a 67-year wait before becoming eligible for parole.
last year the designer has been in a custody of being investigated on the similar crimes in New York and Dallas.
- Celebrity designer Anand Jon convicted of rape and sexual assault - Nov 14, 2008
- Anand Jon's sister seeks Govt. intervention, threatens hunger strike - Sep 01, 2009
- Silence! Thus spake Anand Jon - Sep 01, 2009
- Brit teachers ply student, 17, with alcohol before sexually assaulting him - Apr 25, 2011
- Anand Jon gets a break in sex assault case - Oct 14, 2010
- Anand Jon Found Guilty - Nov 14, 2008
- Fashion designer Anand Jon''s friends hold candlelight vigil in Delhi - Feb 25, 2009
- Jon paying for being brown: sister - Sep 01, 2009
- Designer Anand Jon pleads not guilty to new rape charges - Jan 30, 2010
- Prosecutors drop 30 rape charges against Anand Jon - Aug 28, 2008
- Anand Jon convicted of sexual assaults - Nov 14, 2008
- NY judge gives Anand Jon a break in serial sex assault case - Oct 14, 2010
- Anand Jon earlier asked for new trial - Sep 01, 2009
- Anand Jon faces new rape charges, pleads not guilty (Lead, superseding previous story) - Jan 30, 2010
- Anand Jon left facing only two rape charges out of 59 originally slapped - Sep 18, 2008
Tags: angeles superior court, aspiring models, delinquency, fashion designer, felony count, hollywood stars, jon alexander, lewd acts, life in prison, los angeles district attorney, los angeles superior court, oral copulation, paris hilton, possession of child pornography, sex acts, sexual battery, sexual penetration, singer janet jackson, teen models, teenage girls