Indian Band ‘Girish N The Chronicles’ At Suncane Skale Music CompetitionJuly 7th, 2010 - 3:35 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
July 7, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): A Gangtok based rocked band “Girish “n the Chronicles’, has become the first Indian band to compete in Suncane Skale a music festival in Herceg Novi, Montenegro. The festival is celebrated every year during the summer.
The five member band, which is now in New Delhi, will participate in this three day festival, starting on 7th July 2010. They are preparing for the prestigious competition and clearing the visa and other travel formalities.
The “Girish “n the Chronicles’ band will be performing on the final day of the festival on 9th July. The three days of the music festival are categorized in three divisions- 7th July will be “the night of the “Prince awards’, 8th is for “unknown singers’ and the final day i.e. 9th July will be “the Grand Finale’.
Girish Pradhan is the lead vocalist of the band, who also plays the guitar. Noel Karthak Lepcha can be seen on the bass guitar, Nagen Mangarati on drums, Yogesh Pradhan on keyboards as well as guitar and Suraj Karki is the lead guitarist. Ronald Pradhan is managing the band.
Dr. Janice Darbari, the Honorary Consul General of Montenegro Consulate General Office, sent a letter to inform “Girish “n the Chronicles’ that they are the first band from India to be invited for this competition round of Montenegro festival. This opportunity has also given a musical recognition to the state Sikkim.
The Honorary Consul Generalof Montenegro in India has informed that the three day festival receives more than 200 hours of live air on Radio and television in Montenegro, which is watched in more than 50 countries of Europe and throughout the world.
The Consulate of Montenegro conducted a nationwide talent hunt in Guwahati a few months back in association with the Eastern Zonal Cultural Committee. The “Girish “n the Chronicles’ band’s “Angel’ won the talent hunt and thus got selected. The number was penned by Girish and arranged by his brother Yogesh. The organizers were very much impressed by the composition and invited the band to compose a fresh song for their performance in Montenegro.
The band is very confident of doing well in Montenegro. Hope they get a good recognition in the international market and come back home after being a success!
– Sampurn Wire
- Indian envoy to receive Liberia's highest award (With Images) - Jul 24, 2011
- 'Hindu Cowboys' in America - Mar 12, 2011
- Colombian musician gives 'gun-guitar' to Gandhi museum - Oct 31, 2011
- Rock music on Bieber's favourite list - Jul 04, 2012
- Special children celebrate Nelson Mandela Day (With image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Winter beats: The great sound feast on in Delhi - Dec 14, 2010
- Sasquatch! Music Festival 2011 To Kick Off - Feb 07, 2011
- 12 bands and sounds of new age South Asian music - Dec 05, 2010
- Australian 'Band of Brothers' to play in Rajasthan - Oct 13, 2011
- Sasquatch Festival 2010 Lineup Revealed - Feb 16, 2010
- A Mexican shop making guitars since 1947 - Nov 13, 2011
- Chandigarh to host coffee festival - Jul 27, 2012
- Rock fest in Bogota - Jul 02, 2012
- Lankan performers in India with classical repertoire - Aug 21, 2011
- 15 south Asian bands to rock Delhi - Nov 29, 2011
Tags: bass guitar, countries of europe, cultural committee, gangtok, girish, grand finale, guitarist, honorary consul, janice, karki, member band, music competition, music festival, New Delhi, prestigious competition, singers, suncane skale, talent hunt, travel formalities, vocalist