Indian Army to learn US-style war in spaceJune 15th, 2008 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 15 (ANI): A week after India announced setting up of an Integrated Cell to coordinate all military operations based on space assets, the Army’s Directorate of Perspective Planning (DOPP) will organise a training programme on Monday for officers to make them understand the tricks and practices adopted by the US forces.
The seminar, which would be inaugurated by Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Deepak Kapoor, would also look into the role of space-based applications in recent conflicts around the world.
“In particular, the use of space-based assets by the US forces in Afghanistan and Iraq would be debated. Army officers would learn the practices adopted by the US forces in utilising space applications to counter enemies in its battles in Iraq and Afghanistan,” sources said.
The seminar, to be organised in association with the Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS), would witness officers discussing and imbibing “space-based application used by militaries of the space-faring nations.
“It is imperative that Indian Army, being the largest user of space, exploits space-based resources optimally to meet its operational requirements,” a note prepared by the DOPP to organise a day-long training for officers said. (ANI)
- India for international synergy in space missions - Jul 16, 2012
- CII organizing two-day International Seminar on military modernization - Mar 07, 2011
- China-wary India developing space security systems - Nov 16, 2011
- Indian Air Force holds war games in northeast - Mar 01, 2012
- Indian Army, air force practice enemy annihilation - May 12, 2011
- NCC to redefine training philosophy (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Russian study tells how to win a modern war - Apr 19, 2012
- India to boost space assets to meet demand (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Global scientists descend on Mysore for space summit - Jul 14, 2012
- India to induct Akash missiles, holds war game in northeast (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- IAF against creating CDS 'in present format' - May 11, 2011
- Army's desert exercise enters crucial phase - Nov 24, 2011
- War gaming centre to prepare IAF for global operations - Nov 23, 2011
- 'Relying on imports for critical defence needs a concern' - Oct 18, 2011
- US-Muslim soldier wants to quit over mismatch between his God and war in Afghanistan - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: afghanistan, army officers, army staff, based resources, deepak kapoor, dopp, enemies, exploits, indian army, land warfare, militaries, military operations, New Delhi, operational requirements, perspective, recent conflicts, space applications, space assets, training programme, warfare studies