In school, I was nicknamed cry baby: ScherzingerJune 6th, 2011 - 4:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 6 (IANS) Singer Nicole Scherzinger, who has reportedly replaced Cheryl Cole as judge in the talent show “The X-Factor”, reveals her friends used to tease her in school for her vulnerable attitude.
“My nickname at school was cry baby. I was the most fragile, vulnerable kid and very easily hurt. I’d burst into tears if anyone was mean,” contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.
“It always amazes me how this kid who was so easily knocked also had this burning desire to perform. I wanted to sing, to act, to get up on a stage and show what I could do, but when I was off that stage I was hurt by the slightest thing,” she added.
Scherzinger, who is dating Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton, feels she is a “sad rock chick” at heart.
“The real me is a big-haired ’80s rocker with skintight jeans and a guitar. I’m such a sad rock chick underneath everything, and if I could really dress as I wanted to, I’d be straight out of an ’80s heavy metal video,” she said.
- Mariah to replace Cheryl on US 'X-Factor'? - Oct 25, 2010
- Jolie prefers guitar to school - Jun 04, 2011
- Mariah Carey might judge the US version of the show 'X- Factor' - Oct 25, 2010
- Scherzinger open to adoption - Dec 09, 2010
- Cheryl Fergison asks Babara Windsor to be Her Bridesmaid - Feb 11, 2011
- Better judge than host: Nicole Scherzinger - Jun 30, 2011
- Derek Hough dumps Cherly Cole - Jun 06, 2011
- X-Factor: Will Cher Lloyd Be Able To Rock The Stage With 'Rap' This Time? - Nov 26, 2010
- Nicole Scherzinger denies feud with Tulisa - Sep 03, 2012
- Andrew Lloyd Webber wants Nicole Scherzinger in his new TV show - Mar 14, 2011
- No regrets over X-factor: Nicole Scherzinger - Feb 10, 2012
- Scherzinger counting calories since teenage - Nov 22, 2011
- Cole wants to inspire underprivileged teens - Jul 13, 2012
- Ranbir imitates Kareena! (IIFA Rocks diary) - Jun 09, 2012
- Nicola Roberts terrified of performing solo - Sep 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,