In Ram Sampat, I predict that a star is born: Aamir KhanMay 29th, 2011 - 5:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) Bollywood star Aamir Khan seems to be in awe of composer Ram Sampath’s work in the soundtrack of his forthcoming production venture “Delhi Belly” (DB). He is promiting it on social networking platforms, saying each track is a gem, but in the same breath, he requests people not to hear them on pirated CDs.
Composer Ram Sampath has gone experimental with the songs in “Delhi Belly” and Aamir feels he will become a star after the adult comedy.
“The music of DB is out in stores now and I am so excited because I am really happy with the way the sound track has turned out. Ram Sampat has done some truly inspired work, and so have the various lyric writers. Each track is a gem. After really long I think its an album you would want to own,” Aamir said Saturday in a message on his blog www.aamirkhan.com
Aamir, who is in Pondicherry to shoot for Reema Kagti’s film, is asking his followers on his blog to give him feeback on the soundtrack.
“Please give me feedback, I’m very keen to know what you guys feel. But can I request you not to listen to it on pirated CDs or on websites who put up pirated versions,” asked the 46-year-old.
Releasing July 1, the film, directed by Abhinay Deo, is an adult comedy and stars Imran Khan, Vir Das, Poorna Jagannathan, Kunal Roy Kapoor and Shenaz Treasurywala.
On Facebook, Aamir wrote: ” ‘DK Bose’ and ‘….Uddhaarwaley Khisko’ are only two of eigth kick-ass songs in ‘Delhi Belly’. In Ram Sampat, I predict that a STAR is born!!! He has been a talent in hiding for sometime now, and post ‘Delhi Belly’ nothing can stop him. Mark my words….”
“Bhaag DK Bose” is said to be the brainchild of the film’s writer Akshat Verma and later Amitabh Bhattacharya penned the song and Sampath composed and sang it.
“The DKB music video has been shot by a young, and in my opinion very talented director-editor, Sajid. Sajid has shot some great music videos and was recommended to me by Ram and Sona. Believe it or not he shot it in one day flat!!! I think we should all watch out for him,” wrote Aamir on Facebook.
As a producer, “Delhi Belly” is Aamir’s sixth production venture and expectations are high because so far he has maintained an outstanding track record with all this productions ventures from various genres becoming a big success at the box office - “Dhobi Ghat”, “Peepli Live”, “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Naa”, “Taare Zameen Par” and “Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India”.
–India-Asian News Service
- I wanted to reinvent use of music in films: Ram Sampath - Jun 17, 2011
- Aamir throws a bash to celebrate 'DK Bose' success - Jun 03, 2011
- Sampath hits back at Anubhav Sinha for slamming 'DK Bose' - Jun 06, 2011
- 'D.K. Bose' is clear winner in 'Delhi Belly' album (IANS Music Review) - May 29, 2011
- 'D.K. Bose' is an anthem now: Kiran Rao - Jun 04, 2011
- Court issues notices to Aamir Khan, censor board - Jul 25, 2011
- Aamir Khan goes bold with 'Delhi Belly' (IANS Preview) - Jun 28, 2011
- Imran Khan wants Katrina for 'Delhi Belly' item number (With images) - May 17, 2011
- Bollywood music - cruising on the wings of change! - May 31, 2011
- It's was Bollywood calling for Haldipur brothers - Jul 10, 2011
- 'Satyamev Jayate' in copyright trouble with Euphoria - May 07, 2012
- Sukhwinder sings for Aamir's TV show - Mar 18, 2012
- High heels in 'Delhi Belly', a nightmare for Vir Das - Jun 19, 2011
- Youthful songs, fresh compositions ruled the charts (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 20, 2011
- Royalty issue: Composers displeased with verdict - Aug 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,