In `C Kkompany’, Raima to be solo heroine for first timeAugust 2nd, 2008 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 2 (IANS) Bollywood actress Raima Sen, who has been noticed for her performances in “Eklavya” and “Chokher Bali”, is all set to appear for the first time as the solo heroine in “C Kkompany”. Raima, who got much appreciation for her special performance in her debut film “Godmother” in 1999 and went on to play supporting roles, cameos and special appearances in various other films, is all set to play the solo heroine in Balaji Motion Picture’s “C KKompany”.
She is the daughter of Bengali actress Moon Moon Sen and grand daughter of actress Suchitra Sen.
“This film is very important for me, as I play the solo heroine in the film,” she said.
“I have done various films where I have played important roles. I have done special appearances, played supporting actress or was one of the two or more heroines, but this is my film where I am the solo heroine,” Raima told IANS.
She said “C KKompany” is a fun film.
“I find comedy the most difficult thing to do. I don’t have many comic scenes to perform in the film as I am playing a middle class girl who is the sister of under world don played by Mithun Chakraborty.”
About the film, she said it is about three friends from different age groups who are striving to achieve their respective dreams. It is about their struggle and a series of events which changes their lives in a dramatic way.
The film, which stars Mithun Chakraborty, Tusshar Kapoor, Anupam Kher and Rajpal Yadav besides Raima herself, has been directed by Sachin Yardi, who has written scripts for films like “Kyaa Kool Hai Hum” and “Traffic Signal”.
Raima, who has worked with directors like Mira Nair, Gautam Ghosh, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Rituparno Ghosh, said: “I had one of my best experiences of working with Sachin Yardi and I think he has taken the best out of me as Ritu Da (Rituparno Ghosh) does.”
She said she considers Ghosh one of the finest directors of the country.
“I learn from his every film,” said Raima, who has worked with Ghosh in films like “Chokher Bali”, “Antarmahal”, “Sunglass” and “Khela”.
Raima, who is also playing an important in Ghosh’s next venture “Nauka Dubi”, said: “Ritu Da has taught me various aspects of acting and it is from him that I grew as an actor.”
“I consider the role that I played in Dada’s ‘Chokher Bali’ as the toughest one and also consider the performance in it as my best one till date,” she added.
As far as her forthcoming releases are concerned, Raima will be seen in Madhureeta Anand’s “Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aaye”, Aparna Sen’s “Japanese Wife” and Ruchi Narayan’s short film “Mumbai Cutting”.
- Aishwarya keen to work again with Rituparno Ghosh - Nov 15, 2010
- I'm glad I'm not offered bikini roles: Raima Sen (Interview) - Sep 15, 2010
- Rituparno Ghosh suffers infection due to eye make-up - Dec 15, 2011
- I'm all for glamorous roles: Raima Sen - Apr 17, 2010
- 'Kashmakash' mundane remake of Tagore novel (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - May 20, 2011
- Rituparno Ghosh Transforms the Bombshell Teaches Riya Sen to Tie a Saree, Cut Vegetables - Jul 02, 2009
- Please respect grandmother's privacy: Raima Sen - Sep 14, 2010
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Gain Is Katrina Kaif’s Loss! - Dec 08, 2010
- Rabindranath Tagore's 'Nouka Dubi' To Be Revisited By Rituparno Ghosh & Subhash Ghai! - Nov 29, 2010
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Is Keen To Work With Rituporno Ghosh Again! - Nov 17, 2010
- Rituparno feels Akshay most underrated actor - Nov 28, 2011
- Ritupono Ghosh: Riya Sen Is a Very Talented Actress, But Her Talent Still Unexplored - Nov 18, 2010
- For Kolkata of past, watch films: Aparna Sen - Nov 15, 2011
- Deepti Naval In Bengali Film - Jul 30, 2010
- Riya Sen Versus Raima Sen- Face off! - Jul 21, 2009
Tags: anupam kher, chokher bali, comic scenes, debut film, eklavya, gautam ghosh, godmother, grand daughter, kyaa kool, middle class girl, mira nair, mithun chakraborty, moon moon sen, rajpal yadav, rituparno ghosh, three friends, traffic signal, tusshar kapoor, vidhu vinod chopra, yardi