Imran jumps from plane onto train for ‘Luck’May 27th, 2009 - 9:22 am ICT by IANS
By Radhika Bhirani
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) Bollywood’s celebrity action director Allan Amin, who is set to train passionate bikers to perform stunts on MTV’s new adventure reality show, says he made actor Imran Khan jump off a plane onto a moving train in the forthcoming movie “Luck”.
“In ‘Luck’, Imran would be seen jumping from an airplane onto a moving train. It was a brave scene and was shot in Bangkok,” Amin told IANS over telephone from Mumbai.
Imran, who won many hearts with his debut “Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Ya”, said it was an important scene, but refused to divulge any details about it.
“It is a major scene in the film and we will most probably use it for the promotion of the film. It will be a major part of the film’s publicity campaign so I don’t want to reveal much about the scene,” said Imran.
The scene might bear resemblance to Anil Kapoor’s famous jump in the 1993 movie “Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja” as well as Hrithik Roshan’s anti-gravity stunt in “Dhoom 2″ (2006).
Apart from this particular act in “Luck”, the action director has also choreographed an underwater action scene set in South Africa with Imran and his leading lady Shruti Haasan - the two will be seen swimming with sharks.
Sanjay Dutt, who is also a part of the Soham Shah-directed project, will be seen in a spectacular stunt in which he is supposed to run towards fast moving trains - something we saw Aamir Khan doing in “Ghulam”.
Amin has been in the film industry for the last 25 years and says more actors now prefer to do their own stunts instead of asking for a body double.
“A lot of actors today want to do their stunts for the excitement. Not only the younger lot, even experienced actors like Amitabh Bachchan likes to do stunts on their own. I made Amitabh do one in ‘Aks’ when he had to jump through a waterfall,” said Amin, who has directed stunts in actioners like “Dhoom”, “Dus”, “Kaal” and “Main Hoon Na”.
In 2005, he got the Filmfare Award for directing action sequences in “Mission Kashmir”, which had Sanjay Dutt and Hrithik in lead roles.
Amin is now excited about being a judge on reality show “Pulsar MTV Stunt Mania”, where he has to select, train and judge 10 passionate bikers to perform stunts like a basic wheelie, stoppie, flamingo, et al.
“The channel approached me for the show and after being in the industry for so long, I thought this would be something new for me and something very close to my heart - so I agreed. I will be more than happy to teach young kids how to do stunts properly without harming themselves in any way,” he said.
“A lot of youngsters have a passion for bikes and related stunts, but they should first be brave and positive to be able to carry off a stunt well. And then it is my job to make the stunt spectacular and safe,” he added.
On the show starting July 26, the rider with the least marks will get eliminated every week and the remaining will go on to compete for the ‘Stunt God’ title and a chance to feature in a commercial for Bajaj Pulsar.
- John does stunts without cables in 'Force' - Aug 19, 2011
- Rajaysh Tondon too heavy for Hrithik Roshan? (Film Snippets) - Aug 27, 2011
- Bollywood in action: Death spotlights safety measures - Apr 14, 2012
- Imran burnt his lashes, skin while doing 'Luck' stunts - Jul 02, 2009
- Dangerous stunts - Bollywood beauties game for it - May 28, 2010
- Love stories good, but I want to experiment: Imran Khan (Interview) - Dec 06, 2010
- Shaurya shot 'Krrish 3' action scenes without stunt double - Aug 01, 2012
- Whatever Aamir touches turns to gold: Uday Chopra - Jul 25, 2012
- Sonam prepared actor, Genelia spontaneous: Imran - Jun 28, 2010
- Cinema no more wholesome family entertainer: Imran Khan (Interview) - Jun 30, 2011
- Water challenge toughest: Renner - Aug 13, 2012
- From Shruti Haasan to Mithun for Impossible Stunts - Jul 13, 2009
- Why Imran Khan loves doing romantic comedies? - Jun 24, 2010
- Get ready for action, thrill, comedy this Friday - Sep 26, 2011
- Anushkha Manchanda To Host MTV Stunt Mania Reloaded - Jul 16, 2010
Tags: aamir khan, action director, aks, amitabh bachchan, anil kapoor, anti gravity, dhoom 2, filmfare award, ghulam, hrithik roshan, leading lady, luck in luck, moving train, publicity campaign, radhika, sanjay dutt, shruti haasan, soham shah, spectacular stunt, swimming with sharks