‘Imported Kamariya’ fame Scarlett eyes period filmJune 12th, 2012 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 5 (IANS) British model Scarlett Mellish Wilson may have started her Bollywood journey with item song “Imported Kamariya” in political thriller “Shanghai”, but says she is a trained actor and that her dream has been to act in a period film.
“Yes, I do see myself acting. My dream is that I should do a period film,” said the new entrant in the Hindi films who has done various modelling assignments in Britain.
Talking about her training, Scarlett told IANS: “I have been performing all my life. I have not done anything other than singing, dancing and acting. I went to a performing arts school back home where I graduated in acting. I came to India some three years ago. I have been doing modelling ever since. I went through a few rounds of auditions and got this part (in ‘Shanghai’).”
Directed by Dibakar Banerjee, “Shanghai”, starring Abhay Deol, Kalki Koechlin and Emraan Hashmi, has opened to critical acclaim.
Even though “Imported kamariya” has been her first item song, Scarlett was not nervous and says that she was eased into it.
“If I had gone straight to the shoot without rehearsal, I would have been nervous… I was completely at ease, I knew exactly what I had to do. For me, I was more excited then being nervous,” the model said.
“I was not worried about dancing, just worried about my facial expressions. Dibakar sat with me and we rehearsed a lot. He took me through it and told me how he wanted it.”
Though she has been trained in strict dance forms, she prefers Bollywood dancing style.
“I have been trained in strict form of dance compared to the Bollywood’s way of everything being loud. And I prefer this; this is the best thing for me… I watched old classic item songs and Bollywood stars. I just learnt it like that…,” she said.
- Move over, Malaika… here comes 'Imported Kamariya' - Sep 08, 2011
- India great opportunity for foreigners: Dibakar Banerjee - May 07, 2012
- Aishwarya defines Bollywood: British model Scarlett - May 25, 2012
- Item songs are artistic, not vulgar: Nathalia - May 08, 2012
- From Muscat to Mumbai to Bollywood, a beauty queen debuts - Apr 01, 2011
- I bow down to the Sheilas and Munnis: Caterina Lopez - Mar 30, 2011
- Being half-Indian is no problem in Bollywood: Angela Jonsson - May 21, 2011
- Kingfisher girl nurtures Bollywood dreams - Dec 15, 2011
- Salman's Shera shakes a leg for 'Bodyguard' item song - Jul 28, 2011
- 'Chhaiya Chhaiya' makes Malaika nostalgic - Aug 28, 2012
- Now Rani does lavani item song in 'Aiyya' - Jul 16, 2012
- Picking Bollywood dance like brushing teeth: Hazel Keech - Jun 02, 2012
- Emraan open to item songs, says he'll do it differently - Jun 12, 2012
- No daily soaps for me: Gaurav Gera (TV Snippets) - Mar 30, 2012
- Playboy model Candice is Aishwarya fan - Sep 19, 2011
Tags: abhay deol, auditions, banerjee, bollywood stars, british model, critical acclaim, dance forms, emraan hashmi, facial expressions, fame, few rounds, hindi films, India, journey, koechlin, mellish, period film, political thriller, rehearsal, shanghai