Imogen Thomas clears her nameDecember 15th, 2011 - 10:04 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) TV personality and model Imogen Thomas says she is glad to have been allowed to clear her name. In an earlier hearing, a judge had agreed that Imogen was responsible for selling a story to the British tabloid The Sun.
Imogen petitioned the court to have her side of the story heard. A high profile player in England who had earlier persuaded the court to grant him an injunction against the media accused Imogen of selling his story to the media. He told the court that Imogen used blackmail tactics to get the story to the media.
Judge Justice Eady was told by the complainant that Imogen approached him and pleaded to help her pay for a flat. When he seemed like not cooperating, the compliant suggests Imogen went ahead and sold the story to the media. The judge agreed and Imogen petitioned to clear her name.
When she appeared before court, the judge heard that The Sun had denied Imogen as the source. Imogen’s lawyer also pointed out that the complainant had agreed that it was not Imogen who leaked the story. The judge agreed and cleared Imogen of any wrongdoing.
When she left the court, Imogen told reporters that, “I’m just relieved that the parties and the court now accept that I’m no blackmailer. I have been vindicated and that’s all I wanted.”
- 'I've been thrown to the lions' by footballer gagging order: Imogen Thomas - Apr 28, 2011
- Secret married soccer player wanted to dump wife for Imogen Thomas - Apr 27, 2011
- 'Big Brother's' Imogen Thomas feels betrayed by married soccer star - Apr 18, 2011
- Court restrains airing of CD 'featuring' Singhvi - Apr 19, 2012
- Bikini-clad Imogen Thomas back in the swing of stripping off - May 04, 2011
- Tory MP blurts out Imogen Thomas' Premier League star's name on show - Apr 25, 2011
- Big Brother beauty spotted in tears over footie star fling - Apr 16, 2011
- Latest cheating footballer makes Rooney 'look like a saint': Nadine Ferguson - Apr 16, 2011
- Singhvi quits as Congress spokesperson, parliamentary panel chief (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Abhishek Manu Singhvi's resignation statement - Apr 23, 2012
- When the bride spent her wedding night in police cell - Oct 07, 2011
- Imogen Thomas 'calls police over Twitter threats' - May 26, 2011
- Imogen Thomas' Premiership star confesses to wife in tearful showdown - May 02, 2011
- Premier League footballer wins gagging order on affair with topless model - Apr 15, 2011
- Brit-Indian honeymooner thrown out of London clinic after threatening to 'punch' nurse - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: blackmail, blackmailer, british tabloid the sun, complainant, compliant, eady, england, imogen thomas, injunction against, lawyer, london, news tv, profile player, tabloid the sun, tv personality, wrongdoing