I’m very religious: Mugdha GodseApril 3rd, 2012 - 12:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) Model-turned-actress Mugdha Godse reveals that she is a very religious person and believes in universal power.
“I’m a very religious person,” said Mugdha who was seen in films like “Fashion” and “Jail”.
Commenting upon religion and conflicts over it in the country, she said: “I believe in universal power and positive energy. I’m a follower of Lord Shiva. I don’t follow any philosophy or a religious guru. Hinduism has the freedom to look up to any religion or philosophy, so whatever I find positive, I try to learn from it.”
“I think religion is a man made thing. We should believe that religion is made for human kind and by following it we can be happy, so rather fighting over it, we should focus on happiness by practicing it,” she added.
Asked if she will be interested in doing religious movies in future, she said: “Of course, if I get a role, I would love to do it.”
The actress, who hails from Pune, was in the capital to help children learn about the importance of planting trees on ‘Earth Hour’ day. The objective of the event was to translate a serious message of deforestation in a tone that is non-preachy for children.
“Since the future of any country is its youth, we thought of involving kids and to teaching them the importance of growing trees and plantation,” Mugdha said.
An international initiative, Nickelodeon, The Big Green Help, was meant to inspire kids to play an active role in saving planet earth.
“My mother always used to tell us to save electricity, she used to force us to save water and use it wisely. I’m from Pune and we have a huge garden, where my mother planted a lot of trees. In Mumbai, I have a small garden.”
Meanwhile, the actress is busy shooting for director Haadi Abrar’s “Afra Tafri” which features Govinda and Suniel Shetty.
She is also doing “Oh God Saare Hain Fraud”, an upcoming comedy with Shreyas Talpade. Ashu Trikha is directing it.
- I'm very religious: Mugdha Godse - Apr 03, 2012
- Mugdha Godse turns painter - Sep 11, 2012
- Mugdha, Shriya prove actresses can work harmoniously - Jan 11, 2012
- Tara Sharma prepares for second season of TV show - May 31, 2012
- Mugdha has high hopes from 'Will You Marry Me' - Feb 24, 2012
- We need sex education in schools: Radcliffe - Feb 12, 2012
- Mughda Godse to endorse Herbalife products - Dec 09, 2010
- Oz school sacks Santa to make non-Christian pupils feel more included - Dec 08, 2010
- Now, new spiritual channel for Jains - Dec 08, 2011
- Film 'Panchvati' introduced me to Buddhism: Deepti Naval - Nov 28, 2011
- Priyanka Chopra makes animated video debut - Feb 16, 2010
- Family fare pushing out children's films: Nandita Das - Oct 20, 2011
- Mugdha Godse game for item numbers - Oct 25, 2010
- Sugar-free sweets for friends on Diwali, says Mugdha - Nov 04, 2010
- North South divide in Kanglish - Nov 30, 2010
Tags: abrar, actress, afra, ashu, deforestation, follower, growing trees, hinduism, international initiative, lord shiva, mumbai, New Delhi, nickelodeon, planet earth, planting trees, positive energy, religious person, Shreyas Talpade, suniel shetty, universal power