I’m the first in family to play negative role: Aditya Raj KapoorAugust 20th, 2008 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 20 (IANS) Breaking the family tradition, Aditya Raj Kapoor, the fifty-plus son of legendary actor Shammi Kapoor, is making his acting debut with a negative role in “Diwangi Ne Had Kar Di”. “I’m playing a negative role which has various shades. It really interested me. It is more like what Al Pacino has played in many of his movies,” Aditya told IANS here Tuesday.
Being produced by Boney Kapoor, “Diwangi Ne Had Kar Di” is directed by Gujrati director Jiten Purohit. This is his first Hindi moive.
About his father Shammi Kapoor’s reactions on his decision to play the negative character, Aditya said: “Though I’m the first person in our family who is playing a negative character, my father is very supportive.”
“Shammiji said whatever role you play, do it with your heart and soul and give your best,” said Aditya who has also directed three English language films.
The first movie that Aditya directed was “Schamal”, followed by “Sambar Salsa” and then “Don’t Stop Dreaming”, featuring Rishi Kapoor and Suneil Shetty. Before trying his luck in business, Aditya worked as an assistant to Raj Kapoor.
He has now returned to film business after 20 years of being a management honcho. Aditya has also set up a television channel in Dubai.
Besides Aditya, two more newcomers - Deep and Ashmita - will be introduced in the film and Purohit is quite confident about this fifty-plus debutant actor.
About casting Aditya in the negative role, director Purohit said: “The reason for casting Aditya in the negative role will only be known when the film is released.”
The film was launched here Tuesday with Boney Kapoor giving the first clap. Purohit plans to wrap the shoot within two months. “Diwangi Ne Had Kar Di” will be released in 2009.
- 2010 is revival year for Kapoor family: Aditya Raj Kapoor - Apr 14, 2010
- Jiten Purohit's 'Deewangi Ne Had Kar Di': Ode to 'Phool Aur Kaante' era of the 1990s - May 24, 2010
- Dad wrote manual for future generations: Shammi Kapoor's son - Aug 18, 2011
- Never a problem with Aditya Chopra: Habib Faisal - May 05, 2012
- Shammi Kapoor, ever the loveable Bollywood 'junglee' (Obituary) - Aug 14, 2011
- Bollywood mourns lovable 'Junglee' Shammi Kapoor's death - Aug 14, 2011
- Multiple Small Films Seek Audience Attention This Weekend - Nov 13, 2010
- Shammi-ji has left behind lot of love: Ranbir - Sep 20, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor, tumsa nahin dekha (Obituary, Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Politicians mourn Shammi Kapoor's death - Aug 14, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor's son Aditya Raj Kapoor makes a comeback in "Chase" - Apr 14, 2010
- Shammi Kapoor's death shocks Kannada film industry - Aug 14, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor's ashes immersed in Dal Lake - Sep 03, 2011
- YRF's 'Band Baaja Baraat' releases Dec 10 - Sep 26, 2010
- Shammiji told Jaya he's tired: Big B - Aug 15, 2011