I’m super excited to play Dawood Ibrahim: Sonu SoodApril 18th, 2012 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 18 (IANS) Bollywood actor Sonu Sood is excited to essay underworld don Dawood Ibrahim in “Shootout At Wadala”, and he is doing his bit to carry off the role perfectly.
“I am super excited to play Dawood Ibrahim. My homework is on. I am reading about him and doing research on him. I am all set to play the role,” Sonu told IANS.
Sonu says “Shootout At Wadala”, based on the 1982 shootout in which criminal Manya Surve was killed, is all about gangsters.
“It is a film based on gangsters. It’s about the rise of Dawood. It’s more of an action drama,” he said.
While the shooting of the film has already started, Sonu will join the crew next week.
“I will start the shooting from April 24. We will be shooting at locations like Nariman Point and Mahim (in Mumbai),” the 38-year-old said.
The actor, who is playing a negative role yet again after essaying Chhedi Singh in blockbuster “Dabangg”, has no issues with the shade of any role.
“I don’t believe in negative or positive roles. Cinema has changed. For me, it’s all about good and bad roles. I am just looking forward to this film,” he said.
Directed by Sanjay Gupta, the film, a prequel to 2007 film “Shootout At Lokhandwala”, also features John Abraham, Anil Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor, Kangna Ranaut, Manoj Bajpai, Ronit Roy and Mahesh Manjrekar.
- I researched a lot about Manya Surve: John Abraham - Mar 02, 2012
- Kangna follows Rekha, Smita's footsteps - Mar 19, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' is my 'Vaastav': John - Mar 27, 2012
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- Tusshar's new avatar: Aggressive-funny gangster - May 01, 2012
- Ronit models role on party-busting cop - Jun 26, 2012
- Ajay turns 43, celebrates on set (Movie Snippets) - Apr 02, 2012
- I don't want to compete with Aamir Khan: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 21, 2012
- Ekta describes 'Shootout at Wadala' as real - Mar 01, 2012
- Cops turn entertainers in Bollywood (Feature) - Jan 29, 2012
- John Abraham goes lean for 'Shootout At Wadala' - Feb 20, 2012
- Sanajay Gupta moves on without Sanjay Dutt! - Mar 01, 2012
- 'Shootout at Wadala' my most challenging film: Sanjay Gupta - May 01, 2012
- Sanjay Gupta gets nod for character names in '...Wadala' - Dec 21, 2011
- 'Shootout...' was not possible without 'Dongri to Dubai': Gupta - May 11, 2012
Tags: action drama, anil kapoor, april 24, blockbuster, doing research, don dawood ibrahim, gangsters, john abraham, kangna ranaut, mahesh manjrekar, mahim, manoj bajpai, manya, prequel, ronit roy, sanjay gupta, shootout at lokhandwala, sonu sood, surve, tusshar kapoor