I’m proud of my sculpted body: KareenaApril 23rd, 2008 - 9:43 am ICT by admin
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, April 23 (IANS) The new ultra-svelte Kareena Kapoor is hogging the limelight for her dramatic weight loss for “Tashan”, and the actress says she is enjoying her toned physique. Post “Jab We Met”, the Bollywood beauty has shed so much weight that there is a ceaseless spurt of speculative stories about her weight loss.
“People are saying I want to be like Victoria Beckham. I think the talk started when Saif (Ali Khan) got himself tattooed with my name. David (Beckham) had done the same for Victoria. But honestly, I’m proud of my sculpted body. It is a look that I needed for my new film ‘Tashan’,” Kareena told IANS.
“But I haven’t starved myself to look the way I’m looking these days. Why should I want to be like anyone else? I’ve done nothing drastic to myself. I do yoga religiously and I’m eating like any healthy girl, thank you.”
She is amused by the numerous anorexic stories about her doing the rounds.
“It was written that I fainted on the sets because I’ve become weak. Utter rubbish! Have these people seen me in person? I look no different from the way I looked earlier. I guess I’m just happy in life and that shows. I haven’t lost weight. I’ve just toned my physique, and that too for a role.”
If Kareena is glowing, it isn’t just love.
“I’ve right now entered the best phase of my career. ‘Jab We Met’ has for sure been a turning point.”
Produced by Yash Raj Films, the ultra slick thriller “Tashan” is releasing Friday. Kareena teams up with boyfriend Saif Ali Khan in the movie, which also has Anil Kapoor and Akshay Kumar in pivotal roles.
Commenting on “Tashan”, she said: “We’ve all worked really hard on the film. Let’s hope it works. After ‘Jab We Met’ another hit wouldn’t hurt.”
After “Omkara” and “Tashan”, Kareena is looking forward to another film with Saif.
“We’re doing Renzil d’Silva’s film together. It’s a stunning script. I’m doing something in it I’ve never done before. But it’s very important to keep the personal and professional apart,” she says with newfound wisdom.
“Both Saif and I need to concentrate on our individual careers. No marriage for me for the next five years.”
She also cuts down any speculation regarding her sister Karisma’s comeback.
“When she will work? All her attention is taken up in looking after her daughter Samaira. My niece is the apple of everyone’s eyes at home. Come to think of it, the letter ‘S’ has always been important in my life,” she laughed, referring not just to her niece Samaira but also to Shahid Kapur and Saif.
Saif was recently in Bangkok shooting an ad with Priyanka Chopra.
Kareena, who’s known to be possessive about her loved ones, was blissfully at peace with herself.
“I’ve never been more comfortable in my space. And when I read stories about me I can’t recognise myself,” Kareena sighs.
Bollywood’s reigning queen has worked with all the Khans except Aamir Khan. Finally, her desire to pair with him is being fulfilled with a yet-to-be named film.
“It was a dream to work with Aamir. We recently came close to working together in two films - Vishal Bharadwaj’s ‘Mr. Mehta and Mrs. Singh’ and Mani Ratnam’s ‘Lajjo’. It’s finally happening.”
- Karan Johar Puts His Directorial Venture On Hold - Sep 02, 2010
- Karan Johar puts his directorial venture on hold - Sep 01, 2010
- Kareena looks good only with me: Saif - Jan 25, 2012
- Even I can't wait for Kareena's wedding: Karisma - Aug 26, 2012
- Dolly Ahluwalia had apprehensions over 'Vicky Donor' drinking act - Apr 28, 2012
- Scherzinger comes to terms with natural body shape - May 09, 2011
- Karisma is Kareena's biggest critic - Nov 18, 2009
- Kareena will bring in her 30th birthday in Latvia - Sep 17, 2010
- Matt Damon inspires Saif's look in 'Agent Vinod' - Jun 25, 2010
- I'm quite secure in my relationship: Kareena - Jan 28, 2012
- Saif Loses 9 Kilos, Gets A New Look, Goes Into Hiding..Comes Out On Aamir's Insistence! - Jun 25, 2010
- Gwen Stefani reveals how she keeps her body in shape - Mar 09, 2011
- Saif and I are together: Kareena Kapoor - Jul 12, 2011
- Kareena Will Bring In Her 30th Birthday In Latvia - Sep 17, 2010
- Saif an incredible actor: Priyanka Chopra - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, anil kapoor, david beckham, doing the rounds, dramatic weight loss, jab, kareena kapoor, limelight, new film, omkara, physique, pivotal roles, saif ali khan, spurt, subhash k jha, tashan, turning point, utter rubbish, victoria beckham, yash raj films