I’m proud of Diaz’s performance as mom: Director Nick CassavetesJune 10th, 2009 - 2:00 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 10 (IANS) Director Nick Cassavetes is all praise for Cameron Diaz for her portrayal of a young mother with a sick daughter in his film “My Sister’s Keeper”. He says her performance brought back memories of health problems he dealt with as a young father.
Contactmusic.com reports that he weathered criticism on the casting of Diaz in the gritty drama “My Sister’s Keeper”, based on the novel of the same name by Jodi Picoult. Cassavetes wants the naysayers to first watch the movie and to cry.
“Yes, she’s never played a mother and she’s playing a mother of three in this movie but that didn’t scare me. I knew she was up for it. I’m more proud of her performance in the film than I am proud of things in my life,” he said.
“When I was a young man, my second daughter was diagnosed with congenital heart disease when she was a week old. When I was young, the world was wide open before me and I was a happy guy. I didn’t know anything about life and this illness of my daughter Sasha was temperance on my soul.
“It was a learning experience. It was something I had to go through and she had to go through and we had to go through together, with her mother and the entire family. Cameron felt like who I was at that time,” he added.
- Cameron Diaz says she's not bitten by motherhood bug - Oct 18, 2009
- Diaz enjoyed doing R-rated movie - Aug 16, 2011
- Diaz miffed at rumours surrounding movie with Timberlake - May 06, 2011
- Diaz studies scripts thoroughly - Jun 19, 2011
- It was torture being 20: Diaz - May 20, 2012
- Timberlake and Diaz are still friends - May 08, 2011
- Danny O’Donoghue Not Tempted By Cameron Diaz - Dec 05, 2010
- Uday Shankar's widow to attend Cannes for 'Kalpana' - May 12, 2012
- Diaz, Barrymore adventure buddies! - Jun 05, 2011
- Cameron Diaz blown off by singer - Dec 04, 2010
- Cameron Diaz: 'Weed is awesome' - Jun 22, 2011
- Shirish won't enjoy watching me with someone else: Farah - Jul 26, 2012
- Actress Cameron Diaz confesses that she used to buy drugs from Snoop Dogg in school - Jan 21, 2011
- Cameron Diaz shows off her new haircut - Jan 04, 2012
- Pregnancy can't be planned, but won't mind adopting: JLo (Interview) - May 15, 2012
Tags: cameron diaz, congenital heart disease, daughter sasha, gritty drama, happy guy, health problems, heart disease, jodi picoult, learning experience, london, memories, mom, naysayers, nick cassavetes, novel, portrayal, sick daughter, temperance, young man, young mother