I’m playing lead role in ‘Dhobi Ghaat’: Aamir KhanJuly 24th, 2009 - 3:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) Bollywood star Aamir Khan, who is on a high after sharing the stage with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, has confirmed that he plays a full-fledged part in his wife Kiran Rao’s directorial debut “Dhobi Ghaat”.
“The cat is finally out of the bag. I’m playing one of the leads in Kiran’s film ‘Dhobi Ghaat’,” Aamir posted on his blog.
The confirmation came after certain sections of the media began speculating over the length of his role in the film. Earlier it was reported that Aamir is just doing a cameo.
Aamir says the details about his role were kept secret because his wife didn’t want to attract unnecessary attention to her film.
“The reason we kept this under wraps is that she didn’t want to attract much attention to her film. She wanted to make this film on real locations with a tiny crew, very guerrilla style. So we had to do it very quietly. And for once we managed to keep a secret from the media, at least until we finished the shoot,” he wrote.
The 44-year-old actor has also disclosed that the shooting of his much-awaited “3 Idiots” has come to an end. Directed by Rajkumar Hirani, the film is based on Chetan Bhagat’s bestseller “Five Point Someone”.
“The principal photography on ‘3 Idiots’ is complete. We have one song left which Raju wants to shoot in September. Yesterday, he began work on the post (production). Good god, I’m getting butterflies in my stomach already,” wrote Aamir.
Aamir also wrote about his meeting with Clinton, with whom he participated in an education initiative at St. Xaviers’ College here last week.
“It was a real pleasure to meet with her (Hillary Clinton). I found Clinton to be an extremely warm and charming person. And she has such sharp and clear thoughts, and expresses herself so well. It was quite a privilege to meet with her,” he wrote.
- 'Dhobi Ghaat' made me fall in love with Kiran again: Aamir - Sep 13, 2010
- Aamir confess Wife made him Dhobi - Jul 25, 2009
- 'Dhobi Ghat' displays Mumbai's myriad colours (Movie Preview) - Jan 17, 2011
- Aamir Khan, Kiran Rao: Dhobis’ Reservations Over ‘Dhobi Ghat’ Have Been Harmoniously Resolved - Jan 21, 2011
- Bollywood steps out of studio - into real locations - Jan 26, 2011
- Never thought of changing surname: Kiran Rao - Jan 03, 2011
- Dhobi community's reservations amicably resolved: Aamir, Kiran - Jan 21, 2011
- Aamir is a dream producer: Kiran Rao - Jan 21, 2011
- 'Dhobi Ghat' my personal tribute to Mumbai: Kiran Rao - Jan 10, 2011
- Aamir Khan Is Fond Of Only His Movies - Jul 24, 2010
- 'Dhobi Ghat' truly world cinema: Rahul Bose - Jan 18, 2011
- Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for 'Delhi Belly' success - Jul 07, 2011
- I'm fortunate to debut with 'Dhobi Ghat': Kirti Malhotra - Jan 23, 2011
- Aamir wants wife Kiran in limelight for 'Dhobi Ghat' - Nov 13, 2010
- 'Dhobi Ghat' more an art house film: Director Kiran Rao - Nov 19, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,