I’m not perfect: Selena GomezJune 18th, 2011 - 8:47 am ICT by IANS
London, June 18 (IANS) Singer-actress Selena Gomez never wants to be a role model because she considers herself imperfect and describes her job as “superficial”.
“I never really said I want to be a role model. But then when it happened I was so down for it,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Gomez as saying.
“I’m human, I’m not perfect. I make mistakes all the time, but I guess my job is to keep those mistakes to myself, which I’m already fine doing and just try to be the best I can be for those kids,” she added.
The 18-year-old, who is recovering from a spell in hospital for “malnourishment” and exhaustion, also said: “This is a very superficial job. I sit in a chair for two hours and get hair and make-up done and talk about myself in interviews. That’s a very vain thing to do. And I do get caught up in it sometimes.”
- Gomez wants to focus on acting career - Dec 18, 2011
- Selena Gomez blames 'unhealthy food' for hospitalisation - Jun 17, 2011
- Selena makes me really happy: Bieber - May 17, 2011
- I was malnourished and exhausted: Selena Gomez - Jun 14, 2011
- Selena Gomez doesn't like hiding about relationships - May 05, 2011
- Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez kiss in public - May 11, 2011
- Gomez wants to work with DiCaprio - Sep 16, 2011
- Lovato feels confident without make-up - Jul 19, 2012
- Gomez wants fans to help create perfume - Oct 01, 2011
- No Twitter for Blake Lively - Jun 02, 2011
- Selena Gomez to play pranks in new show - Mar 27, 2011
- No more alcohol for Ronnie Wood - Nov 16, 2011
- We have a normal relationship: Gomez - Feb 07, 2012
- Gomez named ambassador of Seacrest's charity - Apr 22, 2012
- Selena Gomez wants duet with Cheryl Cole - Nov 15, 2010