I’m not a G** damn Hollywood liberal, says James CaanAugust 12th, 2010 - 6:27 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 12 (ANI): Actor James Caan has insisted that he is not a typical ‘Hollywood liberal’, saying that he doesn’t think Hollywood actors need to comment on every single political issue.
Caan, 70, who was at the Moet & Chandon’s 6th Annual Hollyshorts Film Festival Opening Night Celebration in Los Angeles, was at the event promoting his involvement with the online platform Openfilm.com.
“I’m an ultra conservative. I’m not a G** damn Hollywood liberal, I’m not,” Fox News quoted him as saying.
When asked for his thoughts on California courts deeming Proposition 8, which bans same sex marriage, “unconstitutional,” he refused to say anything.
“I don’t want to comment on that. I’ll let those other geniuses do that - all those actors who like to find a stage to push their agendas,” he said.
“They don’t have political science degrees… I certainly don’t. I’ll leave it to Sean Penn or Barbara Streisand to comment on that,” he added. (ANI)
- Abhay to sup with Scarlett in Shanghai - Sep 02, 2011
- Penn regrets not giving son stable upbringing - Jan 06, 2011
- Kids ask about marriage more and more: Brad Pitt - Jul 30, 2011
- Kids ask about marriage more and more: Brad Pitt (Lead, Changing intro) - Jul 30, 2011
- Brand wants to have sex with Olympians - Aug 09, 2012
- Pattinson gives up music album dreams - Nov 12, 2011
- Pattinson too scared to sing - Mar 01, 2012
- I don't care when people think I'm gay: Clooney - Mar 01, 2012
- I'm pretty frugal: Timberlake - Sep 05, 2011
- Hollywood stars' growing criticism of Obama - Dec 17, 2010
- Klum unsure about marriage - Jul 05, 2012
- I don't look for anything particular in women: Timberlake - Jun 19, 2011
- No cannabis at work: Jeff Bridges - Aug 25, 2011
- Fatherhood has changed Grant - Mar 18, 2012
- Bruce wants easy work -- and women - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: actor james, agendas, amp, barbara streisand, california courts, chandon, film festival, fox news, geniuses, hollywood, hollywood actors, james caan, marriage, moet, night celebration, political science degrees, same sex marriage, sean penn, typical hollywood