I’m more than just MJ’s daughter: Paris JacksonSeptember 8th, 2012 - 3:12 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Sep 8 (IANS) She is the daughter of late pop icon Michael Jackson, but Paris, who has landed her first movie role, says she wants to be known by her own talent.
“I love my dad, and I’m proud to be his daughter. I just don’t think the title ‘M.J.’s daughter’ fits me,” the 14-year-old told Glamour magazine.
“A lot of people think that (my dad’s) the only reason I’m making it, but I want to show that I do have talent and that I can make it if I try. I want to be my own person,” she added.
Paris has been roped in to star in the upcoming film “Lundon’s Bridge and the Three Keys” and she admits many people were not happy with her decision to turn to acting, reports people.com.
“A lot of people don’t want me to (be an actress) but Aunt La Toya believes in me. She heard me play a little guitar and sing. She really does encourage me; it’s just awesome of her,” she said.
- Rachel Weisz doesn't think son will act - Aug 09, 2012
- Pratyusha Banerjee too skinny to look vulgar! - Jun 13, 2012
- Dad's strict upbringing still affects Janet Jackson - Feb 13, 2011
- Item songs are artistic, not vulgar: Nathalia - May 08, 2012
- Faith wants to be single mother - May 07, 2012
- Boy, who's ruining Kelly Clarkson's creativity? - May 23, 2012
- I need to come into my own: Prateik on comparison with mom - Feb 08, 2011
- I'm no more a kid, take me seriously: Miley Cyrus - Apr 29, 2010
- Brooke Shields wants more kids - Dec 04, 2011
- With Suri, it's 'Mission Impossible' for Tom Cruise - Jun 24, 2010
- Jessie dreams of saving the world with music - Jul 04, 2011
- Liv Tyler wants to define her life - Jul 12, 2011
- Brit woman gives birth to own cousin after becoming surrogate for aunt - Apr 07, 2011
- Jennifer Aniston loves knitting - Jan 31, 2011
- Mila Kunis's dad walked out of 'Black Swan' lesbian sex scene - Dec 05, 2010