I’m looking my best now: Bipasha BasuSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 5:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) She hit the gym with a vengeance when a tabloid infamously declared her “fat”. Now Bipasha Basu, who completes 10 years in filmdom, says she is here to stay with her rigorously achieved best look ever.
The 31-year-old, who features on the cover of Vogue India’s September issue, says being called fat was a final slap of awakening. She started with research, reading about fitness, testing, trying out methods and routines and enforcing strict dietary restrictions to achieve the zero-flab toned-body.
“I cut out rice completely. I love it, but I don’t understand proportions when it comes to rice, so I cut it out, and that works for me,” said the actress, who now eats rice only once a year on her birthday, Jan 7.
The doe-eyed actress, who has 75,000-odd followers on Twitter, is also confident of a strong inning in the Hindi film industry with her new looks.
“I have a few years left in me… This industry is hard on women, but new Indian actresses have changed so much that it is difficult to let them leave. And I think I’m looking my best now,” she said with elan.
Styled by Anaita Shroff Adajania, fashion director of Vogue India, the former model has been photographed by Suresh Natarajan.
- Designing for 'Cocktail' was easy: Anaita Shroff (With Image) - Jul 08, 2012
- Aishwarya once again on Vogue cover - Feb 01, 2011
- Priyanka sports grungy look for 'Khatron Ke Khiladi 3' (With Image) - Jul 29, 2010
- I don't believe in crash diets: Deepika Padukone - Jul 24, 2012
- Aishwarya to grace Vogue India cover - Sep 26, 2008
- From traditional to sexy, blouses get retro makeover - Aug 17, 2011
- People think I'm a great big fat Viking, says Kate Winslet - Mar 11, 2011
- Savour a mix of friendship, fashion, love in 'Cocktail' (IANS Preview) - Jul 10, 2012
- Hrithik Roshan In London For His Madame Tussauds Statue - Sep 23, 2010
- Rooney Mara gets a make-over for 'Dragon Tattoo' - Dec 13, 2011
- Katrina reigns Bollywood as queen bee (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 25, 2010
- Karisma tired of answering about her Bollywood comeback - Jan 20, 2011
- Aishwarya, Kareena, Katrina, Sonam: Size-Zero Or Flab? - Nov 18, 2010
- Clare Nasir is overjoyed with her amazing new figure - Dec 23, 2010
- Nobody thought I was pretty: Bipasha - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: bipasha basu, dietary restrictions, elan, fashion director, filmdom, followers, former model, hindi film industry, indian actresses, jan 7, natarajan, proportions, research reading, september issue, shroff, slap, toned body, twitter, vengeance, vogue india