I’m heterosexual but feeling ‘gay’ today: Abhishek BachchanJune 13th, 2009 - 11:32 pm ICT by IANS
By Radhika Bhirani
Macau, June 13 (IANS) Abhishek Bachchan felt “very gay” as accepted the best comic actor for his performance in “Dostana” at the Idea International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards. He dedicated the award to wife Aishwarya Rai and Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh.
“I dedicate this award to two people - Amar Singhji, who is in the hospital, and my wife Ash. I promise I will only love you (Ash). I am a heterosexual, but today I am feeling very gay,” Abhishek said in his acceptance speech here.
Amar Singh, a close family friend for the Bachchans, is in a Singapore hospital reportedly for kidney problems.
In Tarun Mansukhani’s comedy “Dostana”, Abhishek and John Abraham played friends pretending to be a gay couple to secure rental accomodation in Miami. The film was a huge box-office success thanks to the duo’s chemisty and perfect comic timing.
Abhishek, who started crying when his name was announced, said that it was his dream to do comedy like his father, megastar Amitabh Bachchan, did in “Amar Akbar Anthony”.
“I used to watch my father in mind-blowing scenes in ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’ and used to say I want to be like that man. And here I am today. I would like to thank ma and pa for giving birth to me because I am here because of you (mom and dad). I would like to thank Ash’s mummy and papa for giving birth to her.”
- Male pairs: Twist in the Bollywood tale - May 12, 2011
- Abhishek holds special screening of 'Bol Bachchan' - Jul 14, 2012
- 'Dostana 2' to finally roll - Apr 27, 2012
- Big B recreates 'My name is Anthony Gonsalves' - May 08, 2012
- Rohit open to 'Bol Bachchan' sequel - Jul 09, 2012
- 'Dostana 2' script locked, boys are back: Karan Johar - Dec 15, 2011
- Abhishek proud to have worked with 'Amar, Akbar, Anthony' - Mar 07, 2011
- Abhi-Ash welcome baby girl, get wishes galore (Roundup) - Nov 16, 2011
- Song, dance a major crisis for me: Big B - May 09, 2012
- 'Bol Bachchan': A modern day 'Golmaal' - Jul 07, 2012
- Abhishek Is Neck-Deep In Action Flicks - Jul 10, 2010
- KJo Says Ash Has Not Banned Kat For Abhishek - Sep 09, 2010
- Abhi-Aish second honeymoon at Macau IIFA - Jun 14, 2009
- 'India needs time to open up to gay themes in films' - Oct 17, 2011
- Abhishek to star in Dostana 2, Dhoom 3 - Jul 11, 2010
Tags: abhishek bachchan, aishwarya rai, amar akbar anthony, amar singh, amitabh bachchan, box office success, chemisty, comic actor, comic timing, film academy, gay today, indian film, john abraham, kidney problems, mansukhani, mom and dad, rental accomodation, Samajwadi Party, singapore hospital, success thanks